669-670

669 Litigation

“Su Dalang, Su Erlang, Madam Li, and Madam Zhou, don’t avoid the question. Hurry up and answer,” the officer also asked seriously.

The officer, Old Master Li, did not expect to be able to abbot the Su family in his lifetime.

Now that Old Master Su and Madam Wang had died, it was a pity.

However, the siblings all wanted an answer. Clearly, none of them were willing to bear this eternal infamy, so they would investigate according to the rules.

If their parents were angered to death and their treason was confirmed, then that family would be criticized no matter where they went.

Su Dalang and Su Erlang looked at each other. Su Dalang pointed at Su Xiaozhi and said, “What’s there to ask? Mother hit you because she knew that you had ill intentions. You must have known that Father and Mother had gold, so you kept enduring your anger. When you saw us return to the village, you were afraid that you would miss your chance, so you couldn’t help but take the opportunity to steal the gold yesterday. When Father and Mother found out later, they were so angry that they couldn’t catch their breath, so they passed away…”

“Yes, Big Brother is right—my poor parents, I made you suffer…”

Su Erlang and Su Dalang echoed each other. Madam Li and Madam Zhou also wiped the corners of their eyes with a handkerchief and cried, “Father, Mother, you died so miserably.”

After Su Dalang and Su Erlang answered, the officer and village chief looked at Su Xiaozhi, waiting for her to speak.

Almost the entire village was here.

Su Xiaozhi looked at Su Dalang, Su Erlang, and the others who were pretending to wipe their tears. She felt sorrow in her heart. She seemed to be able to see the ending of Su Dalang and Su Erlang a few years later. She remembered everything they did, and the children would think that this was very normal.

Su Dalang and Su Erlang didn’t know yet, but one day, they would know how it felt to be stabbed in the heart.

Just as she felt now.

“So last night, after I left, both your families went into Father and Mother’s room. It was Father and Mother who told you that I stole the gold, right?”

Su Xiaozhi looked at Su Dalang and Su Erlang and asked again.

Su Dalang and Su Erlang looked at each other.

Su Xiaozhi asked again, “It just happened yesterday. It shouldn’t be so difficult to answer, right? Eldest Brother and Second Brother aren’t senile. Even if you’re senile, what about Eldest Sister-in-law, Second Sister-in-law, nephews, and niece-in-law? Could it be that your families have become senile together?”

Su Dalang and Su Erlang looked very embarrassed. They had never thought that Su Xiaozhi would dare to cause trouble. They had not discussed what to do in this situation beforehand.

When Su Xiaozhi asked this, it made them look suspicious.

Su Dalang couldn’t care less and said directly, “Yes, Mother told us. If it weren’t for her, we wouldn’t have known. You said that the gold was given to you by Mother. Who would believe you? You usually come to deliver food. Mother always hits you and scolds you. She wouldn’t have given you the money at all.”

Su Dalang was aggressive. As soon as he said that, he became even more confident.

Su Erlang also thought for a moment and followed Su Dalang’s words. “That’s right. When Mother realized that the gold was missing, Father couldn’t breathe. When Father passed away, Mother couldn’t recover from the shock, so she followed him. Our families saw this with our own eyes. When we hit you today, the gold found on your body was evidence.”