five

Amelia pulled Sadie and the triplets to the game with her because she didn't want to be alone. They had really good seats and a great view of the bench. 

"How does it feel to be dating a hockey player?" Sadie asked while looking at the bench. Ethan looked up at Amelia and waved at her with a huge smile on his face. She returned the gesture. 

"Good, I guess" Amelia answered unsure of what to say. 

"Oh, Sadie's just jealous she doesn't have a Hughes jersey on right now" Garrett said as he slung an arm around Sadie's shoulder. Sadie scoffed and pushed his arm off of her. 

"As if. I could do much better than Luke Hughes" Everyone laughed at her comment knowing she was head over heels for him. 

"Sure, Sade, sure" Gavin said trying to contain his laughter. 

"I'm serious" Sadie exclaims. 

"Okay, we're gonna act like you aren't in love with him to make you happy" Grant says laughing harder at the annoyed expression on Sadie's face. 

"you guys all suck" Sadie huffs while crossing her arms. 

"I swallow" Amelia says impulsively. Everyone looks at her wide eyed before they all explode into a fit of giggles. 

Ethan was watching them from the ice, smiling at the happy expression on Amelia's face. He got hit with a puck on his leg. 

"Stop eye fucking your girlfriend and warm up" Mark says while snickering. 

"I'm not eye fucking her. She just looks really pretty" He mumbles. 

"You better not be eye fucking her. She's my best friend" Luke says from behind him. 

"I thought I was your best friend" Ethan said slightly offended. Luke laughed thinking he was joking before seeing that he was completely serious. 

"You wish" Luke said before skating off. 

-

-

The game was over and Michigan won 7-4. Ethan did really well, as did the whole team. Amelia and Sadie went to wait for Ethan and Luke and the triplets went back to their dorms. 

"So, how are things with you and Ethan, really?" Sadie asks. 

"Confusing" Amelia says. She really couldn't keep it from Sadie any longer it was eating her alive. 

"What do you mean?" Sadie said with her eyebrows furrowed. Amelia glanced over to see Ethan and Luke walking out of the locker room. 

"We'll talk when we get home" She whispered to Sadie and the girl nodded back to her. Arms wrapped around Amelia's waist and she smiled widely. 

"Hey" Ethan whispered into her ear. She spun around in his arms and hugged him tightly. 

"Hey" She whispered back. "You did amazing tonight" She complimented him. 

"Thank you, baby" He said before kissing her cheek. 

"Okay, okay. The pda is causing me physical pain" Luke says while dramatically clutching his heart. Sadie giggles and he sends her a small smirk causing her to blush. 

"You're just mad I have a beautiful girlfriend and you're too scared to ask Sadie out" Ethan said. Sadie and Luke both blushed causing Amelia and Ethan to laugh at them. 

"Thank you for coming" Ethan whispered into Amelia's ear as he rested his head on her shoulder and hugged her from behind. 

"Of course" She replied. Ethan dug his head into the crook of her neck. 

"i'm serious. It means a lot to me" Amelia's stomach flipped at his words. 

"I'm always here" She said back. She felt Ethan smile and she smiled too. 

-

-

As soon as Amelia and Sadie got back into their dorm Sadie demanded that she explain earlier. Amelia sighed and hoped that Ethan wouldn't be mad at her for telling Sadie. 

"Um, I-" Amelia paused and Sadie raised her eyebrows waiting for her to continue. 

"Me and Ethan aren't actually dating" She says. Sadie's eyebrows pinched together. 

"What the hell does that mean?" She asks. 

"We're fake dating to make his ex jealous" Amelia explained. Sadie nodded and let out a hum. 

"What?" Amelia asks. 

"Nothing, it's just you both are really good actors because you guys look at each other like you're in love" Sadie said while opening the fridge to get a drink. Amelia stood there stunned. She hadn't exactly been faking it, she'd just been slightly altering how she had been addressing him. 

"Unless...you haven't been faking it" Sadie says smirking at Amelia. 

"Are you saying that I have a crush on Ethan?" Amelia asked. 

"I don't know. Do you?" She fired back. Amelia scoffed. 

"No" She says, but she wasn't so sure anymore. 

"Your little secret is safe with me, Melly. But, don't break your heart falling for him when to him it's not real" She softly says while gently putting her hand on Amelia's arm. 

"I know" Amelia sighs out. Sadie wrapped Amelia in a hug and they both stayed there for a minute relishing in the moment.