eight

It had been a week since the drunken mistake between Ethan and Amelia. Neither one of them had spoken a word to each other and they were both avoiding each other at all costs. The only person that Amelia told was Sadie. Amelia felt disgusted with herself. She always promised herself that she would never do it and then she did. 

"Amelia" Luke said running through the door causing the girl to be pulled out of her thoughts. She hummed looking at him. 

"You and Ethan are acting weird. What happened?" He asks. Amelia avoids eye contact and stays quiet. 

"Amelia. What happened?" Luke asks again. Amelia sniffles as tears well up in her eyes. 

"I fucked everything up" She says letting out a sob. Luke quickly pulls her into a hug and rubs her back comfortingly. 

"Let it out, Melly. Just vent" Luke whispers. So she did. 

"The night of the party, we were both plastered. We slept together, Luke. I didn't want it to happen, but I" She pauses and takes a deep breath. "I woke up in the morning and we barely spoke to each other. He couldn't even look at me. So, I got dressed and left. I went home and slept for hours thinking it would be okay, but when I woke up I just felt gross. I had to go get a plan b pill by myself and the man looked at me like I was a slut. He even told me I should be ashamed" Her sobs rang throughout the air. Luke wanted to beat the guy that said that. 

"I told Sadie about it. I just don't feel like myself. I mean, he still won't even breathe the same air as me. Am I a slut? Should I be ashamed?" Amelia asked slightly hyperventilating. 

"No, no, no, no. Don't say that about yourself. You shouldn't be the one that feels bad, Ethan should" Luke whispers comfortingly. 

"I actually like him Luke" Amelia admits. Luke sighs. 

"I know" He says rubbing her back. 

-

-

Luke stayed at Amelia's dorm until she fell asleep. Sadie got home before he left and he told her about what happened. 

Right now Luke was on his way to pay Ethan a visit and share some wise words. He knocked on the dorm door and impatiently tapped his foot. Ethan opened the door and smiled at Luke. 

"Hey-" Luke cuts Ethan off. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Luke bluntly asks. Ethan's eyebrows furrow. 

"What do you mean?" He asks. 

"How could you do that to Amelia?" Luke asks more aggressively this time. Ethan sighs in realization. 

"Listen, I fucked up okay" Ethan starts. 

"No you listen to me. That girl has been through more than anyone should have to go through. I'm talking straight up hell. Of course you wouldn't know about this because you never took the time to get to know her" Luke spits out. 

"I'm sorry" Ethan meekly says. 

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. This isn't so fake anymore, Ethan. If you're not willing to make it real drop it before you make me hate you" Luke fumes before turning and leaving. Ethan stood there stunned. 

He had to make this right.