chapter 10 - happy birthday!

(bruce's pov) i woke up and i got ready like usual. after all this wondercult mess i decided to surprise a special someone on their very special day. i went into the kitchen and started baking a cake. "okay, i just need the milk.. and eggs now." i kept looking for the eggs and milk which i found. and i heard someone get up so i had to hide the progress. i then put it all in the oven and cleaned up the mess as quickly as i could. "bruce..? what are you doing up so early?" finney. it's just finney.. "nothing. i'm just.. trying to surprise funyun. it's their birthday today." "oh! can i help?" "you can help by setting up decorations. they're in the cabinet over there." i pointed to the cabinet that was behind him. (time skip after they set up everything.) "now, let's wake everyone up." (time skip after they did that.) "let's wait for funyun to get home!" wait.. funyun wasn't home? we heard the door unlock. we hid and turned all the lights off. "hello..? bruce..? vance..?" we turned the lights on and came out from hiding. "surprise!" "what.. is all this..?" they were shocked. "it's your birthday today. did you forget?" "oh! yeah. i did..." "are you okay, funyun..?" "yeah... just had a rough day." "you can talk to us about it if you want." "maybe later. right now, i gotta blow out these candles!" they ran up to the cake and vance lit the candles and we sang happy birthday. they were so happy but i noticed there was something in their backpack. a ghostface costume and a bloody knife with a soul attached to it.. i'll have to ask about that later but for now, let's enjoy the happy moment today. (300 words for this chapter!)