Miu and the Mechanic (3)

The next morning at breakfast, Kokichi and Himiko stood outside the cafeteria doors peeking in through the small windows on the doors. 

   "See him anywhere, Himiko?" Kokichi asked. 

   "Nyeh...no," Himiko replied. "Ooo! There he is! He's sitting alone at the far end on the left side!" Kokichi followed her gaze until he spied Kazuichi.

   "A-ha! You're right, HimiCocoa Bean!" he said. They stopped peeking through the windows, and turned to face each other. "Okay, I'll go sit with him, and convince him to ask Miu out on a date."

   "And what'll I do?" Himiko asked.

   "Weellll..." Kokichi began, scratching the back of his head. Himiko's shoulders drooped in sadness and disappointment.

   "Oh...this is the part where I'm completely useless, isn't it?" she said. 

   "Nooo..." Kokichi replied, gripping Himiko's shoulders. "This is the part where you take it easy! You have a chance to eat breakfast!"

   "Nyeh...but I don't wanna take it easy, or eat breakfast!" Himiko pouted. "I wanna help you! I wanna be useful!" Kokichi bright his finger up to his chin in thought. 

   "Hmm...o-kay, Himiko!" he said. Himiko brightened, her eyes filled with hope. "You can help me by asking Miu what type of guy she's into. That way, if things don't work out between her and Kazuichi, we'll have a better idea on who to hook her up with, 'kay?"

   "Nyeeeh! I can do that!" Himiko replied happily. She thrust her fists onto her hips with confidence. "O-kay! I'm on it, Panta Bear!"

   "Okie-dokie! Good luck, Monkey Buns!" Kokichi said, pressing their cheeks together as they hugged. 

   "Nyeh...you, too," Himiko replied. They gave each other a high five before entering the cafeteria, and going their separate ways. Kokichi grabbed a tray of breakfast before heading over to Kazuichi, who was laying his chin forlornly on the table. 

   "He-eeey, Kaz," he said, dropping his tray on the table. Kazuichi didn't respond. His eyes were shiny and red as if he'd been crying. "Woooow...you don't look too good," Kokichi teased. "Rough night?"

   "It's just that...sniff...Miss Sonia is...sniff sniff...gone," Kazuichi sniffled. "G-Gone for t-two weeks!" Kazuichi began to sob as Kokichi nonchalantly ate his breakfast. "M-My baby's gooone! I got nobooody..." he sang through his sobs. 

  "I'm sorry...who are you talking about?" Kokichi asked. Kazuichi gave Kokichi a look of bewilderment through his glossy eyes.

   "M-Miss Sonia..." he said. "S-Sonia Nevermind...the Ultimate Princess! The most beautiful, purest, kindest angel with long, golden hair, and milky-white skin that shines in the-"

   "Okay, that's creepy!" Kokichi interrupted, holding a hand up to Kazuichi. "But, ohhh, you're talking about her !"