Miu and the Mechanic (4)

"That's what I'd like to say, but my heart belongs to Miss Sonia," Kazuichi said, crossing his arms. He turned to glare at Kokichi. "I know what you're trying to do, Kokichi!"

   "Oh?" Kokichi asked. "What am I trying to do, then?"

   "You're trying to get me to like Miu so you can nab Miss Sonia for yourself!" Kazuichi said. "That's seriously messed up, man!"

   "Yeah, you're right. I'm trying to nab Sonia for myself," Kokichi replied. 

   "WH-WHA? Wait!" Kazuichi gave Kokichi a skeptical look. "H-How do I know you're not lying?" Kokichi turned to Kazuichi with a serious expression.

   "I'm not lying, Kazuichi," he said. "I'm trying to do you a favor. To save you from heartache."

   "Huh? Wh-Whaddya mean?" Kazuichi asked. 

   "Sonia doesn't like you, Kazuichi," Kokichi answered. "She's appalled and disgusted by you. Do you really want someone who treats you worse than dirt? Like someone who, in her eyes, doesn't even exist?"

    "But, I...I do exist in her eyes," Kazuichi mumbled. "She acknowledges me. Maybe not how I'd like her to, but she does notice me."

   "But why waste your time going after someone who you'll never even have a chance with?" Kokichi asked. "Wouldn't you rather have a girl who shares your interests? The more you chase after Sonia, the worse it'll be in the end for you. You'll only experience heartache, frustration, sadness, and loneliness. But you're better than that, right? You deserve better, right?"

   "I...I don't know," Kazuichi mumbled. 

   "The answer is that you do, Kazuichi," Kokichi replied. "Trust me, Miu is a way better choice for you!"

   "Mmm...maybe," Kazuichi replied with uncertainty. "But Miu is kinda annoying. She's got an ego bigger than her boobs, y'know?"

   "That's how she appears, but looks are deceiving, y'know," Kokichi replied with a devious grin. 

   "Whaddya mean?" Kazuichi asked. 

   "Go on a date with Miu, and find out for yourself," Kokichi replied. Kazuichi thought about it for a while.

   "Well, okay, I'll do it, but you gotta stay away from Miss Sonia!" Kazuichi demanded. Kokichi shrugged nonchalantly.

   "You got it!" he replied. 

   "And, heeey! Aren't you going out with Himiko, anyways?" Kazuichi asked. 

   "I never said I wanted to nab Sonia for myself to go out with her," Kokichi said with a sneaky grin. 

   "Well...what else do you nab girls for?!" Kazuichi asked.