The Case of the Missing Pop Star (5)

Later that night, Himiko was sleeping fitfully in her bed, trying to ignore Typhoon Traidora's wrath outside. Lightning streaked across the sky, followed by an enormous thunderclap. Himiko squealed in terror and jumped out of bed. She opened the door and cautiously peeked out before rushing to Kokichi's room. She ran up to Kokichi's bed, trying to shake him awake.

   "Nyeh...Kokichi!" she whispered frantically. "Kokichi!!" Kokichi moaned sleepily and ran his hand through his hair.

   "Himiko...what's wrong?" he murmured. 

   "Um...well...can I sleep with you?" Himiko asked in a small, timid voice. 

   "No, Himiko," Kokichi replied firmly. "Go back to your room, okay?" Lightning flashed outside with thunder that rumbled deeply through the sky. The rain and wind blew hard against the mansion.

   "Please, Kokichi?!" Himiko begged fearfully. "I'm scared, and I don't like typhoons, and it's even worse that we're sleeping in the same house where someone got kidnapped, and the power's out, and I promise I'll never ask to premaritally sleep with you again! I'm just really, really scared, okay?!" Kokichi sighed and lifted up his blanket.

   "Come on, you goober," he said. Himiko quickly climbed in just another roll of thunder boomed above them. She yelped in terror and snuggled up close to Kokichi.

   "Nyeh...thanks, Kokichi," she mumbled. 

   "Yeah, yeah," Kokichi replied, wrapping his arm around Himiko. "Now go to sleep." They both closed their eyes before Himiko opened hers again after a few minutes and sat up.

   "Kokichi?" Himiko asked. Kokichi opened his eyes to look at her, but didn't say anything. "Um...I have to pee."

   "So, go pee, Himiko," Kokichi replied. 

   "Well...I was wondering if you'd come with me," Himiko said, timidly twiddling her thumbs. 

   "Himiko...how old are you?" Kokichi sighed, raising an eyebrow at her.

   "No, Kokichi! No!" Himiko hissed, wagging her finger in his face. "The question you meant to ask was 'Himiko, how young are you?' And do you know what the answer to that is? 'TOO YOUNG TO DIE!!'" Kokichi smirked at her.

   "What are you talking about?" he asked.

   "We're in the same house where someone got kidnapped!" Himiko exclaimed. "If I go by myself, I have a higher chance of being kidnapped, too...or dying! But if you stand watch outside the bathroom, I'll be okay."

   "And what if *I* die while you're using the bathroom?" Kokichi asked with a sly grin. Himiko twirled her hair abashedly.

   "Nyeh...you're too smart to die," she replied quietly. Kokichi smiled and rolled his eyes.