Chapter 11

A/n: Ayo peeps, I was thinking of making another CotL book but this time moth is gonna be raised by fatui from Genshin impact, what ya think? I fully heartily believe Capitano is a great father figure for moth. I can just imagine the possibilities and funny moments.

Ever since Wren and Fox have been back together they were absolutely bound at the hip, they were absolutely mushy with each other so wholesome, that it made Guardian hiss in disgust, never believing that he could be so close to a person that much.

It was too sweet for his liking, Blue Jay just thought it was adorable, the twins reacted like how guardian reacted with their own small hiss but it was like a kitten hissing but wavering quickly.

They just thought that it was too disgusting, kisses even on the cheek was too much.

Moth just thought that Fox was not going to be their brother figure anymore which made them saddened a bit.

But they immediately got cheered up when they saw Cain, they waddled over and reached out their arms their small hands opening and closing.

Cain smiled in amusement before his robotic arms reached out, picked up Moth and they began their small adventure.

They were happy that their friends were here and manta recently grew bigger and bigger so much so they decided that Manta was put in a different facility, but still where no one would see a manta flying around.

Moth recently gotten to see a sea slug that spoke in an English accent and told them stories, though the slug couldn't speak in sign or write anything down he was understood.

Then there was Mr. Fish, he seemed delighted to have another friendly humanoid, and there was Ms. Sweetie that admired their small toddler like stature and loved to carry them around as if she was playing with a child.

But there were moments, moments that Moth felt homesick, their own home-world, where the elders and other sky kids were, guiding the spirits back to their constellations, and the many golden humanoids that remain hidden for Moth to find, so far everyone else had completed their cape, but not them.

They wondered if they were being selfish for thinking that, were the others really happy in staying here?

Everyone felt homesick, Tangerine and Amethyst sometimes look up at the stars in a sort of yearning feeling, they feel confused but they suspect it's something about their own original world.

Blue Jay knew this yearning feeling for too well, and she knew that Guardian felt like returning home, where he spent his alone time in the golden wastelands where others like him train profusely and follow the path of warriors.

Fox missed his home, but he knew that Wren would be saddened if he left, but he also knew that it would take a long time before they even found a way home, so he wanted to cherish every moment he has with Wren, whenever it may end.

But soon Cain stopped when he felt a sort of sadness in the air, he looked over to see Moth looking up at ceiling, seemingly trying to look for the stars.

After Cain puts moth down, Moth hugged his leg and went on their way.

Maybe they could visit Manta? See how they are holding up?

Probably Manta is going out and soaring through the sky singing it's merry sunny tunes, probably rolling around in the clouds.

Moth felt a pair of hands picking them up, it was Guardian, and he seemed to have a stressful day, his stress slowly disappearing as he held Moth like a teddy bear, his narrow eyes that held a glare slowly turned into one of tiredness as they entered their room.

Moth struggled with Guardian's grip like he was sleeping with a little doll like a little boy.

Guardian honked at Moth with a tired undertone almost like a sigh, before he began to breathe in and out.

Moth soon found Guardian's slumber infectious as they began to feel tired, they honked in denial but before they knew it they were knocked out.

Dr. Graham checked in and let out a silent 'awe' at the scene, like a little sibling cuddling into their bigger brother for comfort from the dark.

Moth was curled up into a fetal position and Guardian's arms were wrapped around them in a defensive like position but still pretty comforting to Moth.

Soon enough Tangerine and Amethyst arrived looking drowsy, Tangerine even let out a honk that sounded like a yawn before they got onto the bed where Guardian and Moth lay before the slumped over and hooked onto Guardian and Moth.

Fox and Blue Jay entered looking amused by their smaller friends sleeping near Guardian like he was a guard dog for a trio of little puppies.

They soon got on their respective beds and slept through the night.