eleven

the cab driver leaves me at the river and i pay him.

"this place isn't safe for girls especially during midnight, can i drop you somewhere else?" he asked me.

hahaha sorry uncle but i am just tryna kill myself.

"no, thanks" i say and he leaves.

i stand on the edge of the river, turn my back to the river and i let myself free to free fall in the river.

rayan's face flashed in my eyes.

wait he's actually here.

he grabs my hand and pulls me to himself and slaps me.

ok this keeps getting harsher.

"you were gonna jump?" he shouted at me angrily.

never seen him this angry tbh.

"no, i was here to bake a cake" i said calmly.

cold breezes of wind touching both of us while we're both silent.

rayan's pov:

i acted cruel and harsh to her because i knew it was the only way left now to push her away from me and to protect her.

seeing her face after 2 years made me want to hold her and never let her go. ruhi said she's lost weight but i wasn't able to notice it. all i could focus on were her eyes.

she kissed me twice. i acted cold but i wished those kisses lasted for my lifetime.

me being around her is dangerous for her and her health.

i can risk anything in this universe but not her.

i acted rude to her and she went away, she was dragged out by my mom, mom was unnecessarily harsh too.

i knew it'd be difficult for her to process all this. i watched her from my window. she was trying to take cab.

.

i went downstairs and took my car keys.

i just want to follow her and make sure she safely reaches her home. god please make it easy for her. you can kill me if you want but just protect her.

she's inside the cab and it just left. i quickly start my car.

i follow her for 5 minutes and what. it's not the way to her home. did she change home?

i follow her further for half an hour and she gets down in the middle of an almost forest, near the river.

i leave my car and walk to her.

and what i see is she trying to fall in the river? i run towards her and i hold her hand and pull her to myself. i slapped her. how dare she end her life. her life is so precious to me. i could die a thousand times to save her.

"no, i was here to bake a cake" she said.

"nora. go sit in the car. i will drop you to your home" i said.

"if you didn't like m, why did you follow me till here? and why do you care if i live or die?" she asked.

all i want to do now is to hug her and kiss her and tell her how much i had missed her and propose her by asking her if she wants to be my wife again and marry her again and to make her mine once again.

"i just wanted to make sure you don't do anything psychotic and i don't get blamed for your suicide" i said coldly.

as much as i hate doing this, it's necessary. for her to stay away from me, for her to be alright.