⬍ 22 - ASHTON

NANCY HONEY DE LA CRUZ

NANCY HONEY
DE LA CRUZ

Me and the guys look at each other as Violet leaves the room and I feel my heart continue to race

She's leaving? She's leaving us and transferring to another school?

If that's the case than that means she's probably quitting her second semester here and going to adult school. The closest adult school is thirty minutes from here. Yeah, that's not happening.

"She's transferring schools?" The thought alone makes me go crazy even more now that Garrett's saying it out loud. "Yeah, that's not happening." Garrett asks as he quickly grabs his phone off a table. "I'm going to-"

"You're not going anywhere." She holds a hand up. "And no, she's not transferring school's she's transferring out of one CS advisor to another." She motions to herself. "I'm becoming her advisor instead of Ms. Adams because her behavior towards Violet is unnecessary and cruel."

Yeah, we knew that already. We just thought that was behind us already. We didn't think that Emory would still be making it difficult for Violet and so forth. If we would've known, then we would've done something about it. Instead, she didn't even think to speak to us.

Once Ms. Honey's done speaking, she turns her complete attention and glares at me. "You're advancing on one of your students?"

"No." I shake my head. "I'm" I make quotations with my hands. "advancing on my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" She repeats then shakes her head. "Oh lord give me the strength to not hit this kid over the head with a heavy sandal." She mumbles to herself.

She then points at Garrett and Blaise. "And what were the two of you doing just watching?" She narrows her eyes on them. "What, were you guys to curious to tell him that what he was doing was inappropriate? Especially due to the fact that anyone could simply walk in and see him and his student, not him and his girlfriend."

"Ms. Honey." Blaise motions to her. "Are you forgetting the fact that Elijah was your teacher when you were in high school." He pauses and narrows his eyes on her a bit. "And how long have you two been married now?"

I can't help but to stifle a laugh that wants to come out due to Blaise's comment.

"Don't you dare spin this on me!" Ms. Honey points an accusing finger towards me. "This is about him."

"Actually." Garrett clears his throat. "It's about all of us, including Hunter."

Ms. Honey's eyes widen. "Are you serious?"

Her reaction is very dramatic. Even for her. Especially since I know for a fact that she once was, or still is in a polyamorous relationship with Elijah and someone else.

She sighs. "Oh, that poor girl." She shakes her head. "That poor, poor innocent girl." She sighs once again. "And to think I was hoping for her to have a great life and a great future."

Her words catch me off guard.

"Should we be offended?" I say as I pretend to act hurt by her words.

She laughs. "I sure hope you guys don't get offended when hearing basic truths. Elijah wouldn't be too happy to hear that." Her voice is sassy and sarcastic.

She shakes her head then stays quiet for a few seconds.

"I suppose this isn't so fully wrong." She sighs. "Seeing you guys so wrapped up over a girl is weird to see coming from you two." She motions to Garrett and Blaise.

She then turns to me. "I also hope that she has knocked some sense into you. For once." She shakes her head. 'Or I hope she eventually will." She sighs. "Now, I will be going." She motions to the door. "Make sure to lock the doors you are in. Now and in future instances." She shakes her head again then walks out of the classroom mumbling something about being young, in love and carefree.

Me and the guys stay quiet for a few seconds. None of us move or speak.

I'm the one who finally decides to break the silence. "Did she just have a conversation-" I pause. "with herself?" I ask confused.

"Yeah, she did." Garrett sighs and shakes his head. "Pretty sure we're going to get a call in a few days though."

Blaise agrees with Garrett. "Yeah, we're going to get a whole lecture about it and everything." He then taps on the table twice. "Now." He points to the door. "I'm going to head to the gym."

"We." Garrett corrects him.

"Same thing different meaning." He shrugs.

I mean he's not wrong. We get there in different cars, don't speak a word to each other while we are there and leave separately.

Garrettrolls his eyes and quickly walks out the door. Yeah, alright.

 Yeah, alright

A/N

Hello! Don't forget to interact with this book by commenting and voting! Also, please follow me on my socials for great updates! <3