⬍ 31 - ASHTON

SKY HIGHTRUTHS

SKY HIGH
TRUTHS

"Where are we going?" Violet asks as she puts on her seatbelt

I can't believe I'm actually fucking doing this.

"On an adventure." I say as I turn the car on and put my own belt on. "Which requires a long drive."

Younger me would've probably never even thought of doing this. Which is exactly why I have to do this.

"Are you mad at me?" She asks as she looks at me.

"No." I say and instantly pull into the road.

"Are the others mad at me?" She says which causes me to look over at her for a few seconds.

She's running her hands through her hair and looks easy.

"No." I say once again and switch gears. "I have a question for you."

I hear her shift in her seat. "Yeah?"

I stop at a red light and turn to her. "Be honest with me." I tap my thumb against the steering wheel. "Why do you like us?"

She looks at me confused. "What?"

The light turns green, and I begin driving again "Why do you like me and my friends Violet?" I ask her as I keep my speed under thirty.

"Because-" She trails off. "Where is this coming from?"

I tap my thumb more rapidly against the steering wheel the more I drive. "It's coming from me. Right here, right now."

"Okay." I hear her clear her throat. "I don't really know."

Her response makes my stomach turn into knots. She doesn't know.

Me and the guys can name several reasons why we like. Actually no, I myself can name several reasons why I fucking love the woman sitting beside me. Yet, she doesn't know when it comes to us?

"You don't?" ask as I make a sharp turn and continue my steady speed. "Is it because we're older than you?"

The question is stupid, but I need answers. I spent entire fucking day thinking of a way to fucking tell this woman that I fucking love her. Yet she can't tell me why she likes me?