Chapter One - Leafy Road

A quick A/N before you get to reading, if you haven't read the description already. This is my first book on here, so I hope you enjoy this :) I did not write this alone, this was a group effort (6 people including myself) that was founded on 10/12/21. Any support given is highly appreciated!! It starts off slow but that's just the exposition, things take a turn pretty quickly, so don't leave yet! NOW GO READ !!!

***

*A golf cart zooms by with four girls inside. A giant tree monster follows them.*

Ivy (Narrating): Hi! I'm Ivy. I'm the one in the passenger seat looking through my journal.

*The angle shifts to a girl flipping through a journal nervously*

Ivy (Narrating): The one driving like a maniac is Evie, my bestie.

*The angle shifts again to a girl throwing golf clubs at the monster while driving with her foot.*

Evie: HAND ME EVERY GOLF CLUB YOU'VE GOT!

*It shifts to a girl in the back screaming.*

Ivy (Narrating): That's Gwen. She doesn't do well under pressure.

Gwen: TAKE THIS, YOU TREE JERK!

*Gwen throws leaves at the tree monster. It growls louder.*

Evie: THAT ONLY MADE THINGS WORSE!

*The angle shifts again to a girl trying to stay on the back of the golf cart talking to Steve (as she called it), with a pen and notepad in hand.*

Noelle: So... Steve, why are you chasing us?

Evie: NOELLE STOP TALKING TO IT! IT'S A DEMON AND YOU KNOW THAT!

Ivy (Narrating): Evie attempted to drive us out of the woods. Badly. Let's just say that it didn't end well. First, we should rewind a bit, to when we first came upon this town.

***

*A bus is driving through a place which seems to be in the middle of nowhere. Even in summer, you can't catch a break.*

Gwen (Muttering): This summer is going to be so boring.

Evie: Yeah, there's nothing to do at all!

Gwen: Hey wait, where's Ivy? She is amazing at almost getting us killed!

Evie: Wait, is that Ivy?

*The angle shifts to Ivy staring out of the window. She is wearing a gray hoodie to hide her face.*

Gwen: Wait, that is.. IVY!

*Gwen waves to her friend from the back.*

Ivy (Muttering): Oh great, what do I do! Think Ivy, think, use your brain for once!

*The two girls walk over to their friend's bus seat. Ivy pulls the strings of her hoodie tighter, they now completely cover her face.*

Gwen: Hey howdy whatcha doing girl-

Evie: Where ya going Ivy~

*Evie pokes her face.*

Ivy: Uhm . . . nowhere in partic—

Gwen: YOU, SIR, ARE A LIAR!

*Gwen says on top of the seat, pointing a pencil at Ivy.*

Evie: WE CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL.

*Ivy adjusts her hood so that only her eyes are visible and bats the pencil away.*

Ivy: Jeez, chill guys. You two are more insane than a pack of cheese buds.