Chapter Seven - Never-Ending Night

*We see the girls in the yard in matching outfits. They are all standing in a line. Ford is watching them holding a clipboard. Mabel and Dipper are watching them from a safe distance.*

Ford: Alright girls, let’s see what activates your powers! Noelle, you’re first!

*Ford brings her to a small room covered in tinfoil.*

Ford: Now Noelle, try to concentrate on making a cloud.

*Noelle puts her hands forward. She puts all of her concentration on where her hands are. A small cloud appears before her.*

Ford (Now holding a small disco ball): Now, focus Noelle. Don’t get distracted by the ball.

*He throws it in the air and it spins. Noelle sneaks quick peaks at the ball. It looks like it pains her not to grab the disco ball.*

Noelle (Giving in and grabbing it): NYEH! I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

*She leaps on the disco ball and hangs on to it. She spins with it. The cloud disappears.*

Ford: At least you tried your best.

*Ford drags the disco ball out on a string, with Noelle still hanging onto it, out of the room.*

Ford: Evie, you’re next.

Evie (Walking into the room): If you stick a needle in my arm I will sue you.

Ford: Now, you stay here for a while okay?

Evie: Wait, you're not waiting with me?

Ford (Walking out of the room): No, I have to make sure everyone else knows what to do.

*He walks out of the room. A montage of Evie just waiting in the room. The montage ends with Evie laying in the fetal position.*

Evie (Looking like she might cry): W-where is everyone . . . Did they leave m-me?

*The lights start to flicker. Her eyes are doing the same. We zoom out of the room and see a secret viewing area where Ford is. He scribbles down something on the notepad.*

Ford: Hmm…. Fear…. Abandonment issues….

*The flickering gets worse. It looks like the lights are about to burst.*

Ford: Oh, I think it has been enough time.

*He walks into the room, clipboard in hand. The flickering stops.*

Ford: Evie, good news! We found out what activates your power—

*She rushes over and hugs him. It seems like she's crying.*

Evie (Still hugging him): W-why did you leave?

Ford (Trying to comfort her): I didn’t. I was in a secret room watching you!

Evie (Pushing him away): W-what?

Ford: Um, I was watching you?

Evie: YOU WERE THERE THE WHOLE TIME!?

Ford: Okay now you seem angry-

Evie: HECK YEAH I’M ANGRY! YOU LIED TO ME AND MADE ME THINK THAT YOU LEFT!

*The lights & her eyes start flickering again. She puts her arms out and a wave of darkness follows. The lights completely go out. A girlish scream is heard outside. They both run out of the room. It is now nighttime and all the lights are out.*

Gwen: What happened in there!?

Ford: Well you see–

Evie: Nothing . . . The lights went out and we heard screaming . . . Why was there screaming?