Second eldest brother

Madelyn over the last few years had become a light sleeper

Madelyn over the last few years had become a light sleeper. Waking up by the sound of a car door opening was nothing new, although she didn't hear the sound of it slamming shut.

She was used to Daniel waking her up in the middle night. Most of the time it was him slamming doors, dropping a glass bottle, or his loud obnoxious drunk voice. She knew it was going to be a rough night if she heard him slamming his car doors and heard him calling for her.

she could barely open her eyes, she hadn't realized how exhausted she was. she hadn't even meant to fall asleep. Madelyn had remembered dozing off with her head rested on the window. But now her head was facing the other way and it seemed like her seatbelt had been undone.

Madelyn didn't remember doing that. Did Owen do it?

Muffled voices outside the side of her car interrupted her silent questions. She turned her head to look at the window. Looking outside she could see her 'home' and the beautiful night sky from her view. Madelyn could see trees, but it seemed the place wasn't lit up. Madelyn felt safe in the car where there was a bit of light. Being in the dark was a fear of hers. Madelyn guessed it was around 9.

Madelyn looked back at the house. She rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't being delusional. After attempting over and over she came to reality that her eyes were not deceiving her.

This was her new home.
She was star struck by the view, it was the most spectacular house she had ever seen. Madelyn had never seen a bigger house then this one.

'How much rich are these people' Madelyn had become curious on what business they were involved in. Though she might keep that question to herself if ever had the opportunity to ask.

She decided to remain in the car and not interrupt whatever conversation she heard going on. Instead she decided the seat was quite comfy and just kept her eyes shut. Which ended up in her dozing off again.

*****

Madelyn felt cold, she could feel the cold breeze creep through her sweatshirt and leggings. Feeling woozy when she realized she was awake again. confused where she was. She felt movement but it wasn't movement from a car.When everything became clear she realized she was being carried.

Who was carrying her? Wouldn't they find her heavy? Why not just wake her up?

Madelyn didn't like not being aware of who had her in their arms, but she was to tired to argue. Luckily at least this person was warm. 'It's probably Owen' she assumed so anyway.

"Mm Owen?" Madelyn asked so quietly she herself wasn't even sure if she said it.

"Shhh sorellina just go back to sleep"  

'Sorellina?' Madelyn was bemused, If Owen wasn't the man holding her then who?

"Wheres Owen?" Madelyn asked with a tired voice. Madelyn didn't get to thank Owen. She hadn't been treated so kindly and warmly by a person in years, she wanted ever so badly to thank him.