Song of panic

The car ride to the shops had been peaceful, Maddie keeping her attention on the window

The car ride to the shops had been peaceful, Maddie keeping her attention on the window. Watching the sky as the clouds moved, Seeing the way they would look like an animal or shape. She could hear her brothers voices but was to zoned out to actually understand what they were talking about.

Only when she had felt the car stop had her attention and sense of awareness come back.

"You ready sorellina?" She looked to her brothers in the front seats, giving a simple "yes" to Zach's question. Grayson and Zach exited the car quickly, Zach opening Maddies car door for her before she could.

Maddie assumed they would only go to two shops at most, oh how wrong she was. She was sure they had gone to at least 13 different shops. Some for clothes and some for school supplies. She wanted to buy some books for entertainment but they didn't pass by an bookstores much to her disappointment. If she even looked at something that she liked her brothers would grab it and buy it. She tried to decline if she saw something that it was more pricey but her brothers wouldn't take no for an answer.

After they exited another one of the shops at the second outlet they had visited they stopped at a pizza place for lunch.

"Which pizza do you want sorellina?" Graysons asked her. She just looked at him, she didn't want to waste their money more then she already had with all the shopping.

"Oh uhm I'm not really hungry" Maddie said quietly, lowering her eyes to the restaurant floor.

Maddies eyes had forcefully been brought back up to Grayons, his fingers lifting her chin up. He took an exhale. Maddie had forgotten Aces rule of eye contact.  She fiddled with her hands behind her back, waiting for Grayons scolding.

"Maddie when spoken to we ask that you maintain eye contact." Grayons voice wasn't angry but more soft. She was shocked, she expected to be scolded by him.

"I know I'm sorry" she whispered back quietly.

"Now, what pizza are you wanting?" He asked pushing the question again, a light smile on his face.

"I'm not-" he raised a brow, daring her to finish that sentence. "Whatever you're having" Maddie finally gave an answer he seemed to be satisfied with. He ordered pepperoni pizza for Maddie and himself, and cheese for Zach who went to get a table. Maddie and Grayson had walked over to the table Zach was occupying and had their food.

After lunch she guessed they were ready to head home, much to Maddies disappointment they weren't. Maddie took a sigh of relief when they had reached the last store.

Her feet were beginning to ache, the rest of her body feeling strained. As quickly as they entered Grayson began helping her pick out some clothes to try on. She liked this shop the best out of all the others they had been to, had more clothes she liked.

"Zach and I will just be waiting by outside of the changing rooms for you alright?" Grayon told her, she gave a simple "Okay" back to him. She continued her way into the changing room, which wasn't far from the main area at all.