Truths of the past 1

Madelyn's POV

Madelyn's POV

Though I escaped the awkward situation with Noah, I now found myself trying to escape actually having breakfast with Elijah. He certainly wasn't making it an easy task. Though I appreciate the gesture, last nights dinner could have me full for multiple days.

"How about pancakes and bacon?" I hear him suggest, I turn to face him. He looked as if he had been up for some time, dressed in a fancy worksuit and his dirty blonde hair neatly done. I was sure he could be a model if he wished.

"I'm not hungry, thank you though" I decline his offer, hopeful he will let me out of breakfast. Besides, he looked like he had work or somewhere to get to. His face faltered and he took a deep breath, had my answered annoyed him?

"Maddie, hun, it's important you have at least a few bites of something" Elijah's voice said parentaly like, pushing on the matter. I wasn't a little kid, I didn't want to be talked to like one.

"I'm just used to not having breakfast, really im not hungry" I spoke softly. His gaze narrowed, as if daring me to keep fighting him on the matter. I didn't wanna anger him over this, sighing and falling back into my seat I gave up.

"Toast or pancakes?" Elijah questioned.

"Toast please" I answered, watching as he maneuvered around the kicten to make it.

"Elijah?" At the sound of my question he stopped his movements. He turned his attention to me, leaning against the counter opposite to me sitting on a chair by the kicten island.

"Yeah hun?" His tone was soft, a light smile look on his face.

"What do you do for work?" I asked, curious if I was right about him being a model. Though I knew he worked along Ace, I still remained curious.

"I know it's not my business but I've just been curious" I went on, not wanting to seem invasive by the question. I heard him chuckle, then run his hand along his chin.

"Well I have my medical license and a degree in business and management. With that I work with Ace" He answered after a minute, i hadn't been expecting that. I just looked at him, impressed by his answer. I only wish I could be that smart and accomplish that much at his age.

"I wish I could accomplish all that" I said lowely, beginning to fiddle with my hands.

"I'm sure you'll can accomplish anything you wish to sorellina" His fingers found their way under my chin, lifting my eyes up to his. His words seemed sincere, I wondered if he truly meant that.

"Now eat your breakfast before the rest of your brothers come down and eat everything" Elijah handed the plate with Toast to me.

******

After getting away from breakfast and saying goodbye to Elijah as he left for his work I was glad to get back to my book. When entering my room I noticed multiple books layed out on my bed, books I hadn't gotten myself. I picked one up and noticed it was the rest of the series of the book I told Noah about.