Behind the back

I'm running, running to no end

I'm running, running to no end. My body aching. I'm out of breath, I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe? Somebody help me, please.

"10"

I'm frozen. I'm standing in darkness, I don't know where I am. But I know that haunting voice. No, no no! This isn't real. He's dead, this isn't real.

"9"

He's counting, why is he counting. I can't see him!

"8"

The voice was everywhere. I couldn't escape, I was pathetic to think I could. I kept running.

"7"

"Please! I'm sorry!" I yelled. The voice was coming from everywhere. I didn't know which way to look.

"6"

He didn't stop counting. I want him to stop.

"5"

This time the voice sounded closer. Its so quiet, that besides his torment of counting I can barely hear my own breaths or evenI stand frozen, no matter where I run he's there.

"4"

Is he going to kill me? No.. he takes enjoyment in tormenting my mind like this.

"3"

I'm scared, I'm turing left, then right, then forwards, then back. Where is he?

"2"

my legs give out on me. I fall to the ground, my body feel heavy. My body hurts. My head is pounding, it feels like it could explode.

"1"

The voice was now directly in front of me. My eyes were on the ground. were was once just darkness now we're shoes in front of me. I look up only to confirm my fear. It's Daniel, He's really here. a terrifying grin on his face.

"I found you"

Madelyn awoke with a gasp. Some tears threatening to spill and some already fallen down her cheeks. She was panting, trying to catch her breath. Even though it was just a nightmare it had felt like reality. Even dead, Daniel still found ways to torment her. The nightmare had her head pounding. She had Tylenol in her bag but No water to take it with. Whenever she felt one of her injuries ache with pain she would take it.

After catching her breath she had realized how dry her throat felt. Her throat felt as dry as a desert, she needed water. She pulled her covers down and stepped out of the comfy bed. Her feet cold as it reached the floor. She went over to her bag and grabbed the sealed plastic bag of Tylenol then began Making her way towards her bedroom door.

She assumed the rest of her brothers would be asleep as she made her way out of her room and down the  hall to where the stairs were. Every step she took was as quiet as a mouse. The last thing she wanted to do was wake her brothers.