Morning troubles

"I didn't know" she paused "and what letters?"Maddie's question had the room silent

Maddie's question had the room silent.

"You weren't aware that you had brothers?" Zach questioned, attention fully on her.

"No that can't be the case" Elijah's voice rung out, in denial of her confession.

"You never received any letters?" She heard Grayons ask from beside her, his voice calm. She looked to him quickly and shook her head giving out a quite "no"

Xavier expression looked as if he wanted to kill someone, fisting his left hand. Nico, beside him, looked just as mad- no furious but made it less noticeable.

"I thought you and father made it clear-" Xavier gritted out, getting interrupted by Ace. Ace stood from his seat, roughly setting his hands on the edge of the table of where he previously sat.

"Silenzio!" Ace commanded across the table. He cleared his throat before siting back in his seat then turned his attention directly to Maddie.

"You were never made aware of us or received letters?"
Ace questioned the girl, she felt all eyes go on her. She wasn't sure if this day could get any worse. Maddie looked to him, he didn't seem angry or upset with her.

She shook her head "No.. I'm- I'm sorry. Mom never mentioned anything" she answered nervously, pushing her nails into her hand. She cringed when she realized she pushed a bit to hard.

Maddie looked at her brother's expressions around the table. She noticed Elijah, Noah, and Zach had a look of confusion and sadness. Turing her head, Xavier, Nico, and Grayson looked mad along with shocked. Finally she looked back to Ace, his face blank, unreadable. He looked deep in thought if anything.

Maddie had never received any letters, or any information of having brothers.
She didn't understand. 'Why would her mother lie? Why didn't she tell her about having brothers? Why didn't she get letters?' Her whole life had been a lie.

"It's alright hun, we were just a bit taken of guard" Elijah spoke softly giving her a comforting look. Although his words did comfort her, she felt as if this was her fault.

Slowly but surely everybody continued on with their meal, everybody but Maddie of course.

"Finish your food" Nico more commanded then told. She physically couldn't, anymore and she knew she would be sick.

"She already said she's had enough" Grayson defended for her, sending a glare towards Nico. Maddie was hoping Nico was just in a bad mood and not always like this.

"I don't give a shit, she needs it" Nicos voice argued against Grayson.

"I won't remind you again, watch your language" Ace warned Nico, his tone threatening. Maddie reminded herself to never get on his bad side. She was used kids at school and Daniel cursing so she really didn't care.