♡︎

The stadium was huge. And it was so well managed that I was surprised by the end of my little trip. AND THE BATHROOMS WERE SO CLEAN, it's unbelievable. I had the amazing time in the girls bathroom, I even took some pictures to send my mom. Exciting time.

I had the pleasure to meet the girls team. They were all so nice to me, they even complimented my Italian, which felt amazing. I watched them play a little bit and I'm no judge, but they were the best women team I've ever watched.

I totally forgot that I had to meet granddad in 30 minutes. And when my phone started buzzing and I pulled it out I saw a notification from Instagram right on top of my other notifications. I opened it and I saw it:

nico_zale started following you

"Who the fuck is this?", I said to myself and I opened his profile to see who it was. And to my surprise it was that guy from earlier, who was acting like a jerk.

And before I could even lock my phone and put it in my pocket, I got a text from him.

[nico_zale] your grandfather is looking for you, tourist.

Ahh, shit! I thought to myself and I immediately jumped on my feet, took my stuff and was ready to sprint. I said my goodbyes to the girls, thanked them for their kindness and started running to the other side of the stadium like my life depended on it.

I finally managed to reach the right spot, but when I ran out on the field i crashed straight into Paulo and I fell on the ground in Zalewski's feet. They both look down at me, one was worried and the other was smirking.

"Are you okay, Vale?", Paulo gave me his hand and I took it, so he could pull me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine", I cleaned my clothes off the grass and I gave him a smile.

"How clumsy and quirky", Zalewski mumbles, but I was able to hear him. I hit him with my elbow and he looked at me, "ouch. Careful, tourist", he warned me.

"Or what?", I put my hands on my hips and I stared right into his eyes.

We were staring into each other's eyes. Do you know how on the cartoons, where two characters are fighting without saying anything and little sparks are flying between them. Yeah, that's how I felt at that moment.

Paulo was standing between us. Both his hands on me and Zalewski pushing us back from each other, because I was really ready to jump that dude, if he says something to me. All the other players were walking past us trying not to interfere, but then granddad showed up.

"Is everything okay here?", my granddad spoke with perfect English and looks at both me and Zalewski.

"Perfectly fine, coach", Zalewski smiled and walked past me hitting me with his shoulder on his way out.

I didn't say anything, because I'm not a jerk like him and I knew granddad will make a huge deal out of this, if I tell him, so I choose to stay quiet...for now. Paulo was still standing there like he was waiting for something. Both me and granddad look at him.

"Yes, Dybala?", granddad spoke.

"I wanted to ask, if it will be cool, if I give Vale a tour around Rome sometime", he asked and I saw a slight blush on his cheeks, "since we know each other now. If that's cool with you".

"Sure, whatever", granddad said and I'm sure he didn't even heard what he said, "now, can I talk to my granddaughter in person?".

"Yes, sir".

Paulo gave me one last smile and mouthed to me: 'good luck' before finally leaving me and my granddad alone. José didn't look happy at all, when our eyes met. He crossed his arms and I knew this was the time. The time for the big heart warming lecture of how I should be more responsible and how much he loves me.