♡︎

When I felt the warmth of his hug I felt safe. I felt safe enough to cry and to sob as much as I want. Paulo didn't say anything, he didn't ask me what was wrong. He only placed his hand on the back of my head and gently stroked my hair. I made a mess all over his jersey, but he didn't complain. I felt safe to cry.

"I'm sorry", I said through sobs. It came out so quietly that I'm surprised he even heard me.

"It's okay now", he spoke to me, his voice was also low and calm, "cry as much as you need".

I wipe my tears and looked up at him. His blue eyes felt so warm, when they fell on me. He was so calm and a sweet smile on his face almost making me smile too. It's incredible to me how one person's energy can change your mood.

"I..I didn't want anybody to see me like this, I am so sorry that you had to", I once again apologised to him.

"You don't have to worry", he made a pause, "I read the group chat...is that boy Zalewski?".

I stayed silent, which was a clear response to him. Paulo saw me talking to Nicola, it wasn't hard to connect the dots, if you think about it.

"Please..don't say anything", I let out a sigh, "it's not that big of a deal, I don't want to make this complicated".

"I understand, but I still feel like I should talk to him", he suggested, "it's not very kind of him to treat you like this for no reason".

"Paulo, please don't. Don't involve yourself into my and Nicola's problem. It clear as a daylight that he doesn't like me at all. One talk won't change his mind".

It's true and I believe it. No matter who talks to him, if he hates me he'll continue to hate me no matter what. But I just don't know why he feels this way towards me. I haven't even done anything to him.

Paulo took my hand and my attention. He smiles once again and starts pulling me outside of the room. I tried to protest, but it was pointless.

"Let's go for a walk. Fresh air will make you feel better", he said and continued to drag me outside the stadium.

"You'll get in trouble, if you leave training early", I told him. I know granddad, he won't like that at all, "let's go back inside".

"Don't worry about me, okay? I'll be alright".

We stop in front of a very expensive looking white car and Paulo opens the door for me. I sat on the passenger seat waiting for him to also get in. He got inside the car and he pressed a button to start the car. Damm these fancy cars, I thought to myself, all you gotta do is press a button.

We drove away from the stadium and we make a turn to the left to escape the big boulevard and the traffic. Then he gave me his phone and told me to play whatever I like. There's only one song that can cheer me up, when I feel sad or low. So I play 'Danza Kuduro' and I let the rhythm get to me.

Paulo chuckled a little bit and kept his eyes on the road, while I was singing and dancing a little bit to the song. I mood got a little bit higher, when we finally were away from the damn stadium.

"Are you hungry?", he asked me.

"I can try an Italian pizza", I smiled.

"Pizza it is".

We drive past the Colosseo and even during the day it was the most beautiful thing I've have ever seen in my life. The architecture of Rome sure is brilliant and beautiful. I can stay here and just stare at it for days.

And finally we reached Piccolo Buco. A good and nice looking pizza place that I've seen on the map, but I have never visited. Me and Paulo got out of the car and the moment the workers in the restaurant saw us, they eyes started glowing.