♡︎

It's a miracle how we got to my building. Pedri has been drinking and he didn't have any clue how to drive a bus. Nicola kept bleeding to the point, when his whole shirt was soaked in blood. Jude's head was bleeding, I guess he hit it somewhere during the fight. Trent was still mad and filled with rage.

Most of us were intoxicated. Vini had a little bit too much to drink to the point, when he started to feel like he was about to throw up. Me and Gavi were supporting everyone at the same time, I was trying to stop Nicola's bleeding, while he was holding Jude conscious.

And thank God that Pedri got scared and sobered up, so we can finally reach my apartment. The moment the bus stops me and Kylian pick up Jude by the legs and the shoulders, while Gavi is helping the others.

Pedri tried to calm Trent down, so they were left behind. We got into the elevator and I call the emergency services to come to my apartment and stitch up Jude. The floor was covered in blood, a bloody line right after us and my whole dress was ruined.

I unlock my front door and Richarlison, who was helping out, and Kylian placed Jude on my couch. I could hear the sirens coming closer and my blood ran cold. How did we end up in this situation? I thought to myself. My whole body was shaking, I was on the verge of fucking losing my damn mind.

Wherever I looked at there was a man covered in blood. The paramedics burst inside my apartment and they immediately took Jude with them. I just stare at them.

"How old is the boy?", one of the asked me.

"H-He is 19", I was barely talking, "19".

"We need an adult figure to come with us and fill the paperwork for him".

"I'll come", Kylian immediately steps up and he follows the paramedics to the ambulance.

I sat on my couch and I tried to collect my thoughts together. My whole body was shaking and I was on the verge of crying. I didn't know what do to or say. For the love of God, what will I explain to Jude's parents? What, if he can't play in Euro 2023? He'll be so sad.

I guess Vini called uncle Karim, because no longer after the ambulance left with Jude and Kylian in it, he came to see us. And he looked so pissed at the whole situation.

"What the hell did you all do?", he start yelling at us the moment he sees us, "how did a kid end up in a hospital? Explain yourselves!".

"They started first!", Trent immediately jumps to defend us, but it was useless.

"Of course they did! That's what they wanted from the start! To piss you off. And I thought all of you are mature enough to avoid situations like these, but clearly you allow some dickheads to provoke you", uncle Karim points at Trent, "for yet another time you all showed me that you clearly can't take any responsibility for your actions".

"Uncle Karim, don't yell at them. It was my fault", I spoke up and tried to explain, but he wasn't listening at all.

"Who started the fight?".

Silence.

"I'm asking you", uncle Karim repeated, "who started the fight?".

"I did", Nicola admitted and looked down.

"Oh, great. Just great", uncle Karim was freaking out, "do I need you remind all of you, that people know your names and who you are? Your faces can be recognised everywhere on the streets. What if these guys file a police report against you now, huh?".

"I hope they do", Trent spoke still mad at the situation. Uncle Karim looks at him with those scary eyes and comes closer to him.

"Are you trying to act like a man?", he asked Trent and points at him, "do you think it's going to be easy for you, if they do? Do you think you can play it gangsta then? You better pray to the Lord they don't, because then your career is over. All of your careers are over".

"They won't..I'm sure", Pedri tried to stay calm, but he was shaking too.

"I'm very disappointed in all of you", uncle Karim lets out a deep sigh, "everyone, who needs medical help come with me. The rest of you go to your hotels and don't leave until we see how the situation will go from now on".

Nicola and Trent lowered their heads and without saying a word they both exit my apartment after uncle Karim. The rest, who are left with me stood there silent.

At this moment I didn't even know what to say or do. All I wanted was to fall on my knees and hope nothing bad happens after this. Pedri and I sat down waiting for news from Kylian, while the rest left my apartment.

"All of this wouldn't happen, if Kai was with us", Pedri tried to joke about it, "the dude would've eaten them alive".

"I don't really feel like joking right now", I said.

"I'm just trying to make you feel better, cause I know how shitty you feel. We all do".

"It was my fault", I spoke quietly and I lower my head to hide my tears, "if that guy didn't call me a whore, Nicola wouldn't have hit him up and the fight wouldn't have started".

"You're wrong", Pedri said and placed his hand around me, "these guys were looking for it and the alcohol, the man's pride and anger just took the best of us. There's nothing to do with you, Vale...I promise".

But I wasn't feeling any better. Maybe an hour later Pedri left too. It was almost morning and the new days has begun. There were no news about Jude or the guys. I tried to call Nicola a couple times after to ask him what's going on, but he didn't pick up.

Trent called me right after he got checked and everything was okay with him. But I was still worried for Jude. Thank God that today was Sunday, because I can't imagine going to work, or college like this.

I changed into more comfortable clothes and I threw my dress in the washing machine. The memory of all the blood that I had to look at, while we were carrying Jude to the bus. It made me sick to my stomach. I made myself coffee and I sat at my dining table to wait for any potential calls.

But I couldn't stay calm. I was walking around like crazy, checking my messages every two seconds and I tried to call Kylian. Eventually he picked up and said that everything with Jude is fine. He's stitched up and we'll be okay in no time. Also this won't affect his performance at the Euro 2023. This kinda helped me relax a little bit. But there was still anxiety in me.

Nicola wasn't picking up. He wasn't answering my text and Trent told me that they left the hospital together. I couldn't stop thinking how embarrassed, or mad he is. Or maybe he doesn't want to see me again because of last night. My head's a mess, I thought to myself and I look once again at my phone.

And sure enough, when I was ready to give up and go to sleep..my phone rang. I answered it immediately with hope that it will be Nicola to tell me that he's fine. But unfortunately it wasn't him. It was Paulo.

"Vale?", he spoke to me, "are you okay? I heard what happened last night. Did they hurt you?".

"Where did you heard from?", I asked.

"A friend of mine was at the club last night, he told me that he saw you and the boys. How is Jude? Is he okay?".

"Yeah, he's okay, but..I'm worried for Nicola, cause he's not picking up".

After I explained this there was a thick silence on the other line. I started to get even more anxious expecting Paulo to say something.

"You shouldn't be worried for him", Paulo finally spoke to me, "he's used to it".

"What do you mean?", I asked.

"I don't wanna tell you who to hang out with and who to be friends with, but I want to warn you about Zalewski".

"Warn me?".

"He's a very troublesome guy. He always starts fight, he's always in the centre of all problems and he's always the one, who starts", Paulo explained to me and let out a sigh, "I guess he has issues, but..if you want to be safe and keep you good name...you better stay away from Zalewski. I'm telling you this for you and your friend's good".

UNEDITED