♡︎

I really don't feel like talking to you right now

[nico_zale] okay, then listen to me

Nicola, you had your chance

[nico_zale] Vale, if I don't say this to you my mind is going to explode
[nico_zale] let me just call you..please

I rolled my eyes and I fixed my hair, then I call him through FaceTime and I wait for him to pick up the phone. Nicola picks up almost immediately and I see his rosy cheeks, his tired eyes and his intoxicated smile. He's drunk yet again, I thought to myself.

"Make it quick, I'm tired", I spoke to him.

"Give me minute, will ya?", he spoke back to me with sass and let out a sigh, "it's not easy to just say and move on, Valentina".

"Okay...".

There was a silence for a moment. A deep and uncomfortable silence, that made me wonder what he's going to say. At the same time this silence made me anxious. Why is he taking so long to tell me? I thought.

"Remember today, when I told you I have to tell you something, but Dybala cut me off?", he asked me and his brown eyes look at me, "after our argument I decided that I'll keep it to myself, but I can't handle it any longer".

"Just spit it out already", I rushed him.

"You're ruining the moment, I swear".

"Nicola...".

"Okay, I'll say it", he took a deep breath, then exhaled deeply, "I like you, Vale. Shit, no..I do not only like you, I'm crazy about you. And the fact that you don't want to talk to me hurts me so much, but I know it's for the better. I'm not the best out there and you deserve truly the best. So I'm not admitting my feelings to talk you in a relationship with me. I'm telling you to make my mind at ease".

"Oh, of course. You're telling me this now and tomorrow you won't mean it".

"I mean it. I mean it today. I'll mean it tomorrow too and I'll mean it next month too, cause I can't get over this", Nicola explained and chuckled, "but I'm not the one for you, Dybala is the better match. It hurts me to say it and to give up, but I want the best for you".

"And what, if I want you and not him?", I asked him and his whole face froze.

"You..do?".

"Yeah, I do. I like you too. Now what?".

"Vale, you can't just drop the bomb on me and expect me to answer you right away. I didn't even though that this can be possible".

"Of course you don't, cause all you do is decide for me and tell me what's good for me. You and everyone else. I'm 21 years old".

"I'm sorry..".

"You're not. Nobody is. And I'm tired of this nonsense. Please, I really wanna be alone right now".

"Ain't no way I'll leave you alone after this".

"You have to", I let out a sigh, "good night, Nicola", I ended the call.

I laid back on my bed and I threw my phone to the side completely ignoring Nicola's texts and calls. I didn't want to talk to him right now. How can you tell me you like me and just give me to someone else? I thought to myself, I'm done with everything at this point.

I closed my eyes knowing damn well I won't get any sleep tonight. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy kicking and bumping into the walls. He likes me too, I thought to myself and a shy smile appeared on my face.