♡︎

It's 2:50 pm. I couldn't sleep at all. I was still thinking about the kiss that me and Paulo almost had. Was that a good idea? I thought to myself, we barely know each other. How can I kiss him, if we are not even dating. But it sure felt right at the moment.

The screen on my phone lit up all of a sudden and took my attention away from Paulo. I took my phone in my hand and I unlocked it to see the message I got. It was from Nicola. I rolled my eyes and I opened the chat.

[nico_zale] are you awake?

What happened to 'I don't want you to talk to me'?

[nico_zale] can I call you?

I'm tired

[nico_zale] I'll be quick.

Okay, I guess

Not a minute after my phone rang. I pick it up and I wait for him to start talking, but all I heard from the other line was silence.

"Are you going to talk, or?", I spoke to him.

"Did you kiss him?", this question pops up out of nowhere and I heard him breathing pretty heavily on the other line. He's drunk again.

"That's none of your business".

"It is my business and I wanna know, if you kissed him", he sounded pretty mad.

"Nicola, calm down", I told him.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Vale. Did you kiss him, or not?".

What's up with this guy? I thought to myself and kept quiet. At one moment he's hot with me, then he's cold. Then, when he tells me to never talk to him again-he calls me.

"I don't get you", I said straight up, "what do you want from me? At one moment you speak sweet to me, then you hate me".

"It's your fault", he said in defence.

"No, it's not. And don't you dare put this on me, cause you're the one, who pushed me away today, remember?".

"Please, Vale...", he made a pause, "tell me, did you kiss him today?".

"What, if I did? What then?".

I yelled the last two questions like it was about to made a point. Nicola got quiet and we once again drowned in silence. Uncle Lewis came up immediately after he heard me yelling. He saw me on the phone and sat beside my bed.

"Why you got quiet now?", I asked, "come on, speak! You wanted an answer here you have it, now what?", I continued to yell.

"Do you like him?", he asked me, but with way calmer tone than before.

"Maybe", I calmed down too.

"Shit, Vale", I heard his voice crack.

It made me freeze. Is he crying? I thought to myself and I looked over at uncle Lewis, who looked concerned at this point. A small sobs came from the other line. He is crying...

"Nicola?", I spoke softly.

"You're killing me, do you know that?", he spoke to me and his voice was still cracked, "I don't know what you're doing to me, but you drive me crazy".

I shook my head in disapproval. His words don't matter, he's just drunk. Whatever he says is full of shit. He doesn't mean it. He doesn't mean any of that! And yet...his sobs sounds so real. He really sounds hurt.