2 - The New Girl

3rd person

"Hey, are you awake yet?" Yunjin heard Wooyoung's voice ring as she slowly opened her eyes. She sat up and looked straight at her brother. "I guess so," He shrugs and walks away from her room while saying, "Get ready! School starts in less than an hour." She didn't even bother replying.

She rubbed her eyes before getting up from her bed and grabbing some clothes from her drawers and heading into the bathroom. Wooyoung was ready to go, he always leaves before Yunjin anyway since he always meets his friends but at least he always checks to see if she's awake and he sometimes leaves her some coffee prepared.

After a couple minutes, Yunjin was finally done changing and doing other hygienic things like brushing her teeth and her face. She also put on her favorite perfume that smelled like vanilla. One thing about her is that she loves vanilla.

Yunjin looked at her messy bed and made it before grabbing her phone that was charging on the small desk near her bed and unplugging it before also grabbing her backpack and heading into the living room to greet her mom and dad.

When she walked into the living room, she saw her parents and her other siblings. Her parents were busy talking to each other while watching the news on the TV while her siblings weren't talking to each other but instead using their phones. Yunjin guessed they were on their social media but didn't give them much attention, they were grumpy in the morning.

"I'm going to school," She announced to her parents. Her siblings didn't look up from their phones but their parents stopped talking to say goodbye to her. "Bye darling," Her mom said.

Yunjin nodded and went out the front door. She grabbed her bike. Today she decided she wasn't going to listen to music but enjoy the atmosphere a little bit more. She got on and started pedaling away towards her school.

Once again, as she was biking, her thoughts went back to the certain girl she met a few days ago. She wondered if she had been going to the shop lately or not. It had been three days since Yunjin saw her on Monday, now it was Wednesday and every day she went to the shop hoping the girl was there again but she wasn't. She even thought about asking her uncle, but he'd think she was a weirdo and tell her parents. She thought she was being weird enough going everyday. Even Monday asked her if she was in a good mood.

As she was biking up to the street that led to the shop, she caught a glance of a familiar looking girl. Yunjin slowed down a little to realize that it indeed was the girl she met that was walking in front of her.

Yunjin didn't want to scare the girl and she didn't want the girl to think she was a weirdo if she tried to talk to her. Wait... why would she even talk to her? She doesn't talk to anybody and nobody talks to her. That's the way it's been. That's probably why she only has a few friends, she's not even sure if they're actually friends. It's not because people don't like her, its just because Yunjin is shy and really introverted. She doesn't enjoy talking a lot. So why is she even thinking of talking to someone she doesn't even know? That's what she's asking herself.

Yunjin shook her own thoughts away and went back to her old pace, passing the girl and leaving her behind. Unknowingly, the silver necklace that Yunjin always wore on her neck came undone and flew off her neck, dropping onto the concrete sidewalk she was biking on. The necklace was old but she wore it everyday since it was a gift of her late aunt who she loved dearly.

The girl, who she'd left behind only a second after her necklace broke off, felt something touch her feet. She admit it hurt, but only a little bit. The girl looked down and saw the necklace, she knew it was Yunjin's since she saw it fly off her neck. Sadly, she realized that she didn't even know the girl's name so she just picked the necklace up and stuffed it into her sweater's pocket. She decided that she would give it to the girl if she saw her again, but she'd keep it safe for now.

- TIME SKIP -

Yunjin spotted her brother and his friends as she walked into the cafeteria to grab some breakfast. She didn't usually get any, but she thought today she could since she did her work.

As soon as she heard the beep of the device she used to punch in her lunch number, she grabbed her small plastic tray and walked away to find a table. It wasn't hard to find an available table since most of the students arrived later because they hated being at school early.

Sadly, Yunjin had already sat down when she saw the group of popular girls occupy the table beside her. It's not like she cared, but she didn't exactly like them. She thinks that the popular title they hold isn't fitting for them because even though they are popular nobody cares about them and they only talk to each other. Yunjin used to be friends with one of the girls but they naturally drifted apart in the middle of their elementary and middle school years. Even Yunjin asked herself how she managed to befriend the girl. Yunjin blushed from emberassment remembering that she used to have a crush on the girl and realizing she was her awakening. Ew, Yunjin thought.

Yunjin was quietly eating her breakfast when she heard the girls talking about a new student they saw inside the front office earlier. She's not eavesdropping if they're talking really loud. Yunjin already knew their little plan. They always befriended new girls who they think were a good fit for their squad but they were fake to all of them and they just ended up causing drama instead like little kids. Maybe that's why nobody likes them, none of the girls are nice.

When she finished her breakfast and threw away her trash in a nearby trash can then walked out of the cafeteria. Yunjin went to touch her neck to feel her necklace but she found that it wasn't there. She thought about all the places where she could've lost it and she came to the conclusion that it was when she was biking on her way to school. There was no other place she could've dropped it without noticing.

She dropped her head in disappointment before slowly making her way to the bandhall. As she passed the office, being curious, she looked at the office which had big glass windows to see that there indeed was a new girl there. What she didn't expect was that it would be the same girl from her uncle's shop.

She walked in a slower pace to see her a bit more but sped up a bit when she saw the girl turn back and look at her. She turned the corner and walked into the bandhall without looking back at the girl.

Thirty minutes later, it was finally time for the first class of the day to begin. Yunjin left the bandhall and made her way to her first period class which was chemistry. As she passed by the office again, she noticed that the girl was no longer there. She didn't know why but she felt a bit sad because of that but she kept walking to her class.

She walked into her classroom and found her seat. She put her backpack down beside the desk and sat down, while taking things out of her bag that she'll be needing. When she looked up at the teacher she was surprised to see the same girl. Once again, she saw her.

The girl and her teacher were talking about some things Yunjin couldn't hear since she was too far away but she guessed it was about where she came from and if she had learned what they'd been learning at her old school. Those type of questions the teachers ask when a new student moves in.

Then, the teacher pointed to a desk diagonally across from Yunjin, meaning that she would be able to see the girl at all times. Not that she wanted to, but she just could. Yunjin saw the girl nod and mouth the words thank you before walking and sitting down in the seat the teacher pointed out.

The girl looked back to observe some more, which Yunjin noticed and put her head down to make it look like she was focusing on something else. Right after, the girl saw Yunjin but looked away and back to her own desk to gather her materials.

Soon the tardy bell rang indicating the official start of the school day which meant the teacher could finally start teaching the students.

Throughout the class, Yunjin was paying attention not only to the lesson but also so a certain raven haired girl which she seemed to hate that she was doing but she couldn't stop. She refrained from looking at the girl again and tried to focus on her teacher for the rest of class.

END OF 2

Date written - 3.15.23
Date published - 5.8.23

📝: this has been in the drafts for too long