3 - His Crush

3rd person

It had been a couple of hours since school has started and it was now Yunjin's free period which is also the period that Wooyoung uses to bother her with his girl stuff.

Yunjin didn't expect to see the girl in all of the classes she has had so far, but even then, she admits the girl emits smart energy ever since she met her at her uncle's café. The way she carries herself is amazing to Yunjin, too. She looks confident in herself and whenever the teacher asked a question that almost nobody had a clue of, the girl would answer it almost effortlessly.

Instead of feeling threatened by the girl's intelligence, Yunjin found herself getting pulled into her even more which, again, she hates. Usually, she hates when anybody answers questions in class because they sound like those annoying smart kids but with the girl it's different. Maybe she's biased, but she doesn't really care. Even her name is pretty, Yunjin thought. She learned that the girl had come from Japan to continue her studies in Korea.

Currently, Yunjin was sat at the usual bench she and Wooyoung occupy. She was busy scrolling on her phone when she felt her brother's presence beside her.

"Hey, I heard there's a new girl and she's in your class. Is she hot?" He asked as soon as he sat down making Yunjin roll her eyes with both annoying and an unfamiliar feeling. Perhaps jealousy. "She's not hot," the girl boredly said, trying to shrug Wooyoung off. She's pretty, you bastard.. Yunjin thought to herself.

Wooyoung sighed in disappointment, trusting his sister's words but when he looked to his right, he knew that when he didn't recognize the girl's face that it was indeed the new girl. It's no shock that he would find her attractive.

"Jennifer Huh..." He managed to mutter when he made eye contact with the new girl. Yunjin lifted her head because he had said her full name, "What?" She asked but then looked in the direction he was looking at to see the raven haired girl she couldn't stop thinking about.

"I think I'll stop fucking around if she ever gives me a chance." Yunjin heard his words and she already didn't like it. She looked at her brother to see how smitten he was, heck he was blushing like a little girl.

Yunjin looked at the girl who also made eye contact with her but she just looked away, pretending not to mind her and her brother's little drama staring moment even though it bothered her a lot just as if she was stressing for a project she had to finish or else she'd fail.

After a few minutes, her brother regained his composition and went back to conversing with his sister, "Yunjin, I swear, I feel like I just saw an angel. I am giving up being a playboy just so she can give me a chance. I will do anything for her to notice me and date me." He explained, trying to get his sister to see how committed he was to his newly found crush.

"That's cool, I suppose. Just make sure you keep your promise, yes?" As she said the last word, she made direct eye contact with her brother. He got a little intimidated by her but still managed to nod which made Yunjin do the same.

"Now if I may, I have to go." Yunjin said to which Wooyoing just gave a thumbs up as she walked away. To be honest, she did so because she doesn't want her brother to see her very obvious disappointed face. Something with her drop of mood has to do with her brother's new crush.

If Wooyoung does achieve his goal of convincing the girl to date him, she and the girl will have to interact and she will do so when necessary. Now, she isn't afraid to admit that she has a crush on the girl but she won't tell her brother that. Yunjin never thought she had much of a chance anyway but she's still hurt by the news.

Yunjin is also the type to get jealous very easy and quickly but when she does, instead of going and voicing her feelings, she just distances herself and doesn't act. Maybe that also affects her reaction to her brother's words.

It was the first crush Yunjin has had in a long time, though. The last time she did was when she liked another girl and that crush would go on for two years before the girl she liked found herself a boyfriend and the two stopped talking completely.

Instead if focusing too much on her brother, she walked towards the library to pick up a book before her class started.

- TIME SKIP -

Once again, it was the end of the school day and Yunjin was hurrying to get out of the dumb building she'd been locked in for 8 hours.

It didn't help her that she had the girl in most of her classes. Of course she knows her name now, a lot of students talk to her during class since she's the new girl and everyone wants to befriend her. Typical behavior. Her brother seemed to be one of those people now which Yunjin had managed to get over, just not that he like liked her.

As she was walking out of the front office doors, she caught sight of her brother. This time, however, he wasn't surrounded by his friends but instead he was standing next to his new crush. When Yunjin saw her, he waved her over towards their direction. Yunjin had the urge to ignore him and just walk away but then he'd be upset. Yunjin also knows that the only reason she wants to do so is because she's still salty about her brother earlier. Without any option, Yunjin made her way to her brother.

"Yunjin, this is Kazuha. You probs know her already but I thought I'd introduce you guys anyways," Wooyoung said, looking at Kazuha. Yunjin just nodded as a greeting towards the girl because she didn't feel it was necessary to shake her hand even though she already wasn't even looking at the girl beside her brother. Kazuha was thinking that this Yunjin was different than the one that had nicely approached her in the shop, making her a little uncomfortable. She wondered what caused a different reaction.

"Nice to meet you, Kazuha." Yunjin said in a hushed tone, speaking in her regular voice which was a little harsher than the one she used to talk to her previously at the café. Yunjin used her regular voice on everyone else but for some reason she didn't when she first met her. Knowing about her brother's crush, she felt it was somehow necessary to try to out some distance to keep her feelings to herself. Of course she still felt butterflies looking at the girl. She wondered how she developed a crush in such a short period.

Even though the way Yunjin talked sounded harsher, the way her name rolled off her tongue sounded good to Kazuha's ears. She studied the girl's face before greeting her back, "Nice to meet you too."

Yunjin doesn't even have a clue as to how Wooyoung managed to even talk to the girl so quickly but she can't deny her brother has charms she doesn't. For example, he's way more extroverted and he can easily make friends. He's also charismatic in his own way which makes girls fawn over him. Overall, she can see why Kazuha would talk to him.

Wooyoung smiled seeing his sister and his new crush talk to each other. It made him happy in a way knowing that maybe they'll come good friends. He just hoped they wouldn't become anything more.

"I have to go now, I have work to do." Yunjin didn't even bother saying bye before walking away to grab her bike and leaving the school grounds without giving her brother a look back.

"Don't worry, she's always like that. People think she's mean, but trust, she's nice when you get to know her." Wooyoung patted Kazuha's back soothingly. The girl didn't reply but kept looking in the direction that Yunjin had gone in even though she was long gone.

She gave a smile before looking at Wooyoung, "It's okay."

The two smiled at each other and said goodbye before walking in different directions. They weren't dating already but Wooyoung had approached Kazuha during break time after Yunjin left and carried a conversation with the girl. Kazuha found that she enjoyed his company which she found amusing since he was the only boy who managed to do so since she arrived. She thought a little crush was developing and she couldn't wait for it to grow over time.

But the girl who was biking to her house didn't like it. Yunjin had already made up her mind to erase her feelings for her brother's love interest since she had seen their little interaction and their body language showed her that they liked each other even if it was still small. Thank God it was a small crush, right? She'd have no problem forgetting.

END OF 3

Date written - 3.16.23
Date published - 5.8.23