9 - Movie

3rd person

Yunjin sighed, staring at the Japanese talking to her friends. She didn't really know who they were, but she knew enough to know their names. She knew one of the girls was Sakura and the other was Eunchae. She never talked to them before, except one time when Sakura had to ask her for a pencil. That mf... Yunjin thought, remembering how she lent the girl an expensive mechanical pencil, but she never gave it back.

She shook her thoughts and went back to her lap where a small sketch book was. She made a disgusted face, looking at her poor attempt of drawing a cat which looked really deformed. She looked at her phone to see the reference picture, then back at the drawing.

"Fuck me..." She muttered. How am I this bad...? She asked herself.

"What?"

Yunjin flinched, looking up to see the girl she had just been looking at staring down at her. She cleared her throat, "No-not like that!"

Kazuha laughed, shaking her head, hearing laughter behind her. Yunjin felt like passing out when she noticed the two girls also standing behind Kazuha, laughing. She couldn't help but turn red. Yunjin let out a barely audible groan before calming herself down and giving Kazuha and her friends a smile.

"Hi," She waved, trying to stop feeling emberassed. Sakura and Eunchae waved back with bright smiles, "Hey."

Yunjin turned back to Kazuha, giving her a questioning look. During school, they didn't interact as much but when they made eye contact they would smile and wave or when they saw each other in the halls they would say hi. They're still shy with each other, but they do text after school or during periods where they're bored. Still, they don't sit together during lunch since Kazuha sits with her friends.

Yunjin saw how Sakura and Eunchae nudged Kazuha from behind her, making her confused.

"Right... I was wondering if you were free later today. Maybe we could go together to my house and watch movies? We can have an Insidious and Conjuring marathon, if you want."

Yunjin smiled, watching as Kazuha shyly asked her to hang out. Kazuha felt her face become hot after she saw Yunjin smiling. She almost forgot her friends were standing behind her until she heard a snort and barely audible laugh.

Yunjin blushed, not really knowing why but maybe it was just the sight of the Japanese girl infront of her. Yunjin smiled, "Of course... we can have a Scream marathon, too." She wasn't sure they would actually finish the movies, but she felt happy if Kazuha would be with her - Kazuha was thinking the same thing.

Kazuha felt her face flush, knowing the girl remembered her favorite movie. She couldn't see how Eunchae gave Sakura a look, the two making a mental notes to tease their friend about Yunjin later.

"Let's meet after school, so we can go together. Or did you bring your bike?" Kazuha asked, remembering that Yunjin usually brings her bike to school. Luckily today, Yunjin had to drop Minji off at her school beforehand so she had to take her car. Yunjin shook her head, "No, I got my car today. I can give you a ride," She suggested.

While the two girls were talking and making plans, Sakura and Eunchae were talking quietly among themselves.

"Should we leave.. or...?"

Sakura shrugged, "I feel like we should. They aren't even on a date but I feel like a third wheel and you're the fourth."

"They're not even dating for God's sake!" Eunchae whisper-yelled, feeling grossed out, imagining her best friend dating Yunjin and how they'd act.

The two obviously knew about Wooyoung and his thing for Kazuha since he always found a way to interrupt their hangout time during school. Needless to say, they hated his guts. Eunchae wouldn't lie, she likes the love triangle because she loves drama. Sakura wouldn't admit it but she does too but she doesn't feel like it even is a triangle.. she refers to Wooyoung as an interference.