11 - "Oh."

3rd person

Yunjin let out a breath once she finished typing out yet another essay. She didn't know why her culinary class would even require one, but her teacher assigned it and she couldn't complain. And of course it had to be the most overused prompt: Why did you join ___ class? If it was to be taken seriously, Yunjin would've wrote "for credit.. and free food," but she couldn't so she wrote a ton of bullshit she knew her teacher would love. That's all you have to do to write an essay.

"Are you done?"

Yunjin carefully shut the laptop that she borrowed from Kazuha off with her left hand and set it on the drawer beside the Japanese girl's bed, turning to look at the girl that had her face buried into her neck, "Yeah... finally."

Kazuha sighed, letting Yunjin feel her hit breath on her neck. Yunjin giggled at the sensation, watching as Kazuha lifted her head. Yunjin then unhooked her right arm that was previously wrapped around Kazuha's body, getting out of their cuddling position.

The two stared at each other, flinching when they heard knocking coming from outside of Kazuha's door.

"Dinner's ready!"

"We'll be down," Kazuha softly yelled back, then looking at Yunjin who seemed sad, "I don't want to leave... it's too comfortable here."

Kazuha laughed, "We can do it again at your house later, but.. I'm hungry, so let's go, please?" Kazuha smiled, hopping off her bed and waiting patiently for Yunjin who now had a smile on her face, "Alright."

With that, Yunjin got off Kazuha's bed, taking the girl's hand in hers, interlocking them tightly before they made their way down to the dining area. Did I forget to mention that now they're more touchy with each other? When one of them doesn't initiate it, the other does, always locking hands, giving subtle touches, sharing knowing looks that they weren't afraid to show to the public. Even though it was now natural, the two still got butterflies and became flustered when these events occurred.

They both knew they didn't do those things with their other friends, and they never would, but their bond was different. Different from the way they looked, interacted, and even talked to each other.

Exhibit A: With Ningning, Yunjin would never, ever, let her hold her hand or willingly cuddle... but with Kazuha, it was a whole different story—Yunjin would hold the girl's hand all the time, and whenever they could, the two would lay on a couch or bed and stay cuddling for hours, sometimes doing nothing but talking and scrolling through one of their phones together.

Exhibit B: Kazuha wouldn't introduce many of her past suitors to her father immediately since they would never stand the thought of meeting her dad, or just because Kazuha knew that Mingyu wouldn't like them right off the bat. She didn't know how, but Yunjin didn't only meet her dad, she also (somehow) became friends(?) with him along with her mom and siblings all while not being a suitor. Not to mention, all her family basically teased her about Yunjin, indirectly saying they approved... even if the girls don't admit they like each other, yet.

Exhibit C: Even if they were paid to do so, none of them would dare kiss their friends on their cheek, but with each other it seemed like they could do that all day.

Exhibit D: Neither of them would help their friends with their homework, that is without getting paid because if so, that's a different story. Money is money. When one of them needs help, they go to the other to ask for help which they immediately get.

Exhibit E: Kazuha and her friends never bother calling, nonetheless facetiming when they talk and instead text each other everything, but when she wants to talk to Yunjin about something or even just say hi, she either calls the girl or straight up facetimes her, which somehow became a routine they both look forward to, getting shy everytime the other's face pops up when they answer, sometimes falling asleep on them is a regular occurrence, too.