4 - Project

3rd Person

It had been a few days after Wooyoung had tried to introduce his sister and his new crush. Thanks to her brother always telling her everything, Yunjin had found out that Kazuha and her brother were now officially in their talking stage. She was hurt, of course, but she just supported her brother without making it seem like she hated the idea of them being together even if it was exactly that.

Now, it was time for her pre Calculus class... unfortunately, Kazuha was also in that class. Yunjin had been trying to stop looking and searching for the girl everywhere she goes and she hates herself for that. Kazuha being in all her classes makes it difficult for her to stop her innocent little crush. Even though Yunjin does like her a little, she would never come between her brother's happiness. She also somehow feels like Kazuha has changed her brother. Lately he hasn't been texting any other girls except for her and he blocked all the girls he once had a thing with which shocked Yunjin greatly.

"Okay students, today we'll be going over yesterday's work, but that's not all. I'm also announcing that you guys will be assigned a partner project. I know you guys are both in other AP and Pre-AP classes, and I know that teachers only give individual work so your friend making skills are not so great. I like for my students to be okay with each other and willing to work together when needed so that's why I'm assigning this."

Nobody made noises that said they were annoying and against the idea. Mostly because they'd get to work on something easy and plus it's partner work so it's not hard like their everyday tasks. It's safe to say all the students aren't opposed to the project.

"And I know you guys have friends, but I think it'd be best to be partnered with someone you don't know so sorry for that but whatever I say you guys do," The teacher, Mr. Son, said with a playful smile but awkwardly stopped when he saw nobody laughed. For sure these students are serious.

He just kept explaining what the project would be and the rubric they'd be graded on before grabbing a clipboard and reading off the names of the selected pairs. As Yunjin heard all the pairs, she knew Mr. Son did a great job with not putting students with their friends. Then, she heard her name.

"Yunjin and Kazuha."

Yunjin stared at the blank white board in front of the room before nodding. She looked at Kazuha's seat to see the girl having a polite expression. At least she doesn't look like she hates the idea, Yunjin thought. She shook her head and kept writing on a sheet of paper. She put her hand to her neck where her aunt's necklace once rested. Still, she hadn't been able to find it. She also didn't know that Kazuha had it saved for her somewhere in her bedroom.

After Mr. Son had read off all the names of the partners, he told them to go ahead and move beside their designated pair to start planning and working on the assignment. Yunjin saw that Kazuha didn't look like she was going to move from her seat, so she headed over to her instead. It's not like she didnt mind moving.

She set her stuff down and took the vacant seat beside the girl. Throughout the whole period, the two barely talked but when they did it was about the work and nothing else. Yunjin still thought it was insanely awkward to be talking to her brother's basically soon to be girlfriend and the girl she undoubtedly had a crush on.

Yunjin was almost already done with her part of the assignment and typed it out. She knew most of the partners didn't do anything during class but she can't have the feeling that she didn't finish her work. Being an ap students has its downsides and for Yunjin that meant becoming easily overwhelmed - she doesn't know how it started but she knows it motivates her to her her work done.

When she looked to her side, she saw that the black haired girl barely had anything done. Yunjin glanced the clock to see they only had a few minutes left. She turned to face Kazuha. Yunjin smiled when she saw how focused the girl looked, trying to figure out what a word meant. She applauded the Japanese since as a half Korean, she didn't even know how to pronounce it. That's what Google is for.