39

VENUS

This year has not been kind to me. I've gone from Rider Queen, to the wife of a Rider King, to a Vanishing victim, to a homeless thief.

I make many trips in and out of The Capital in search of food and water. Sneaking into The Palace is nearly impossible because security is tight to protect Lady Life.

Beysha and I are fending alright. Our skin was slightly burned from the slime, so I stole medicine. Since I've been using grey paint to cover my skin tone, I haven't been healing well. The fumes from the paint irritate my skin and make me nauseous.

I've been scurrying for a way into the Palace, and secured a job as a boy florist. It's hysterical how I've been hired to decorate my ex's wedding.

I throw my cape on. Today is my last chance to contact Dramon, because the wedding is tomorrow.

I join the group of boys in the center of The Capital. Although none wear a hood, some are dressed conservatively to cover themselves from the sun.

"Listen up!" an adult demands from the front.

"There will be no messing around. You will be paid for how many undamaged flowers you collect, so do it right. Follow me now."

The twenty-or-so boys enter the palace, and I stealthily slip away from the group.

Where are you, Dramon? You lying, half-assed coward!

I walk around the bushes and trees, passing a pool that's occupied by a muscular body that ripples through the waves. When I peek through the leaves, I recognize those arms instantly. Although they're covered in blue ink, I know they're Dramon's.

He swims a few more laps, flashing his thighs and ass as he fights and fucks the water all at once with his prowess. When he stands, I realize just how long his hair has gotten. He even has a new beard.

And a new woman.

My fingers crush the leaves in front of me.

He exits the pool, and I fall on my ass when I get a glimpse of his sex. It's inked in blue with swirls, lines, and three glistering jewels I know are diamonds! Why did he go through these painful procedures? Is this all for Lady Life?

I watch him slip back inside. My feet itch to chase him down, but there are too many eyes on us. I force myself to stay still.

When I have an opening, I enter the palace and search for Dramon. My cane ticks as it slaps the expensive flooring, the sound becoming more anxious when I hear voices behind me. I turn a sharp corner to escape, and I'm barely able to stop a shriek when I get a glimpse of Dramon's face.

I hit the floor and keep myself down. If I stand now, with all these men surrounding him, everything will go to shit.

I hate that I'm bowing down to him, but I have no other choice.

Dramon leaves me alone, and I scurry into what seems to be a laundry room. I have a good guess of where Dramon's bedroom is, and I hope Lady Life is staying with him so I can beat the life out of both of them.

I hide behind two buckets of laundry. It doesn't smell nice here, but I've survived worse. Namely, murderous aliens.

"Fix it now," someone says as they enter the room. "Lady Life said the top left is wrinkled."

"I don't see any wrinkles, sir."

"Well, she does. Get the iron and fix this."

I hear cloth shift.

"Her wedding dress must be perfect."

If they leave me in here with that dress, they'll return to find it in shreds or turned into toilet paper.