41 & 42

THIRD PERSON POV

Venus pulled the sheets tighter around her body and stepped forward. "What's wrong?"

"Lady Beysha fell unconscious," the doctor replied.

"Show me," Venus blurted, picked up her skirts, and rushed after him.

Dramon hooked onto her arm.

"Not now, Dramon, I have to go see—"

He kicked the door shut on the doctor's face and pulled one of his tops over her shoulders. "You cannot walk around in our bed sheets, wife. I'll get you new clothing as soon as possible. All they have available is Lady Life's clothing, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to be in those." He smirked and kissed her cheek. "Not that you would fit in them."

Venus frowned and tugged away. "What, did I get too fat while I was fighting for my life?"

Dramon dragged her back into his arms. "I meant that she is not as curvy as you; not as appealing."

His comment still rubbed her wrong, because it implied that he studied Lady Life to make that conclusion.

"I'll be back," she grumbled as she tied a towel around her waist. "Beysha needs me."

Dramon followed her. "If you think we are getting separated, think again."

They rushed to the medical wing together, and Venus noted there were barely any men lingering around, other than the curious guards.

Beysha lied on a bed as doctors work over her.

"It was probably the paint I've been using that made her sick," Venus commented as she touched her friend's hand. "I left the bucket with her in the shed, and the fumes must have contaminated the air." She sighed. "I should have known better."

"We will examine the paint," a doctor made a note on his notebook.

"When will she be back on her feet?"

"We can arouse her back using the scent of the Camahiri flower, but we will let her rest instead. She needs it." His eyes scanned Venus. "You should rest as well. I am not too familiar with human anatomy, but your heart rate was quick when we last studied you."

She felt Dramon press into her back and knew there was no escaping this verdict. He would tie her to the bed if needed.

"We will alert you if she awakens."

Venus gave the other female one last look before returning to her room. She crawled under the covers, and Dramon kneeled beside her.

"Food will be up in minutes," he stroked her cheek. "How do you feel?"

"Tired and not hungry."

"You have to eat," he countered. "You regurgitated everything."

Her lip quirked a little. "All over her dress, too. What is her real name, by the way? I don't want to call her Lady Life."

"I don't know," Dramon admitted. "I never cared to ask."

"Lady Greed it is," Venus shut her eyes. She groaned back to consciousness minutes later when Dramon wakened her.

"You need to eat."

She bit into the chewy, seasoned slab of meat he brought, ignoring everything else on the plate. After three swallows and a gulp of water, she rolled over.

"Venus, eat more."

"I'll get sick again," she groaned. Her body was aching, and her belly seemed to have shrunk.