'23'

Do What You Think Is Good

............~~~.............

The clanking of the spoon and silence were the two things that were currently passed on at the dinner table, Seokjin looked at his kids with suspicion when he saw how despondently they were eating the soup.

Gulping his own spoonful and keeping down the spoon beside the bowl he straightened his back "What is the matter kids?" his voice a little stern mixed with a softness, the old man hummed deliciously as he finished the contents in his own bowl.

The old man smacked his lips at the aromatic taste which left his mouth after eating the delicacy prepared by his son Seokjin looked at his father enjoying the meal freely while his kids tensed up under his gaze "What happened care to tell" the kids just looked down at their bowl seeing the vermillion hue of the soup prepared with freshly picked spices.

The kids avoided their gaze also with their own father as they slowly started sipping the soup first picking the dese viscous liquid up with the spoon provided to them, their minds were reeling with happiness that cannot be expressed, they couldn't contain in themselves after knowing that their father actually loved their soon to be appa so much.

But they knew one thing even though he loved Jungkook at first at present he might still have his heart for Taehyung but what if one part still yearns for Jungkook? They just cannot match their eyes to their father because they will burst out with several questions in their eyes which their father can read it very nicely and they dont want to risk anything.

The kids just sipped and gulped every drop along with Seokjin who looked at his weirdly over-obedient kids "Are you all fine?" the kids didn't utter anything and just slurped their soup while the old man beside them ate the rice the same vigor of smile he did with the soup.

Seokjin stared in between them and not able to handle his annoyance at their ignorance he banged his hands at the table making all of the people flinch excluding Seokjin, he flared his nose with anger and a waiting silence at his face "What is going on"

"Nothing," Jin-hye said and coughed and choked at her food seeing Seokjin so angry "Nothing then at least you could have given me a yes at the question I asked dont you think? Dad, what did you say to them that they are being so quiet?" The old man flinched slightly and looked at his son who had a stern face "I didn't tell them anything I swear son, just told them about eating obediently and enjoying the food at best" 

Seokjin was not believing shit but he nodded as if understanding everything, but he knew something was up, he took the bowls from the table and went towards the washing sink "You should not give away so soon kids" the grandpa whispered with a hitch in his voice and the children smiled with a mischievous feeling etched to it.