three

Phoebe made her way over to Chad's dorm, a study date that wasn't a date at all would help get her mind off things, plus biochem was kind of on the verge of kicking her ass. She knocked on the door, but was surprised when Ethan opened it instead of Chad.

"Phoebe?" He said.

"Hey, is Chad here?" She asked.

"No, he is still in class. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, we were just supposed to study today is all." She said with an annoyed look on her face at the absence of her friend.

"Well you can come in and wait on him, I'm sure he'll be here soon." He said, stepping back to make room for her to come in.

She took a seat at his desk and her phone dinged.

"I'm so sorry, you can kill me later. I had to stay late. I'll be there in like 15 I'll hurry." Chad texted.

"Of course." She said and rolled her eyes.

"About yesterday Phoebe." Ethan started.

"Ethan it's fine." She said.

"Mindy can get kind of crazy with all of her technical stuff." She said.

"Crazy question. Are you and Chad like, I don't know, a thing?" He asked and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god no." She said, disgusted at the thought.

"We've just been best friends for as long as I can remember. Twin bonding I guess." She said.

"Right, I forget you're a twin." He said.

"Well I was one." She said.

"You know how everyone always talks about twin telepathy? I mean Wes and I could always understand each other on a different level but it wasn't any kind of magic or anything. But when  he died, I thin- I think I felt it." She said, choking on her words a little.

"Wanna hear something insane?" She asked.

"As much as I love Chad and Mindy, and I do, I love them so much. I can't help but be envious that they got to keep each other. And that I'm the one who lost my brother. And the worst part about it, he wasn't even supposed to be home that afternoon. I was supposed to pick him up and go to the store with him but I told him I'd be fine by myself. So I guess I killed him just as much as whoever put that knife in his neck." She said, and she noticed the upset look on Ethan's face.

"God. What is wrong with me. I'm so sorry, no one wants to hear about that stuff. I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's okay, sometimes it's good to get it all out." He said.

"Have you lost anyone?" She asked him.

"Yeah, its hard when it's family." He said.

"Yeah, I don't know how people do it." She said.

"What about your dad?" He asked.

"Hmm?" She said.

"I don't mean for it to sound this way but your mom and your brother were murdered on the same day. What about your dad?" He asked.

"I've never met my father." She said.

"I was eighteen when they died so I didn't have to find a caretaker, I just had to deal with all that shit by myself." She said.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that Phoebe." He said.

"Yeah." She said as the door opened and Chad walked in.

"I am so sorry Phebes." Chad said as he came in.

"You know what, I know you're really busy I think I'm just gonna head back I'm not feeling great." She said.