1|Cherry Picking

"Vah! Kya nazariya dikha diya dulhaan ne?"(Woah, the scene bride made us see!)

(Woah, the scene bride made us see!)

I had enough of their taunt in roka. Just because I once said he has a sexy back. Since then I was getting teased.

My engagement was short and we celebrated at home. I wasn't pleased that he couldn't make it. What type of guy does that? Skipping his own event!

Lemme get straight I was nervous as hell. I barely knew the guy and the sudden rush of emotion. It's all about biology that males attract females. He was "hooked by the look" type of male model in bad-boy magazines.

When I first saw him I was nearly in doubt if he was Indian or not. His physics doesn't say so. It was confusing at first. I was right he grew up out of India and his mother was half-Russian.

Advik Malhotra.

The name was one of the common names in business associations to charity events.

He was a long and masculine couple of years older than me. I wasn't against the idea of arranged marriage. Just I fussed for days because my father came up to me and directly announced my engagement date.

I was wondering about the traditional engagement ring on my finger. The point of arranged marriage was always business to me.

When my sister Neha got married I had to witness their cheesiness. Their marriage was arranged but Jiju was the one who proposed to her directly and she asked for time.

In my case, it's nothing like that,

Just two days ago I swore upon myself to get myself out of this marriage where the husband couldn't provide me the spouse facility.

"Still thinking about him?"
I shrugged not giving the exact point of thinking about him. She was right when she arrived and my trail of thoughts about him paused.

The man hardly got off my mind since last night.

A look we shared.

Nothing much, nothing less.

His gaze steadied on me for a few seconds before he turned away to answer what my father asked him.

His shaven sharp jawline and taunt muscles. I skimmed my eyes on his rugged masculine back and mouth-watering biceps.

I was sure it was nothing more than business to him unlike me. I urged him to unwrap and my interests abruptly perked up.