16| Steps

"Mr

"Mr.Sehgal, Namastey."

Abhimanyu Sehgal was negotiating with his clients, the sudden appearance of Randhir Malhotra. A few weeks later they visited them after they were abroad for health assurance. After the accident, both of his sons took over.

"Namastey, Mr. Malhotra."

"I'm sorry for the abrupt presence... I apolo--"

Abhimanyu cut him off before he could apologize,

"No no, it's absolutely fine, please don't belittle me and ask for an apology. Actually, It's nice to have your company but at this time? Any urgency?!"

Randhir pursed his lips and sighed heavily.

"Can we sit?"

Abhimanyu felt the depth of the situation and it would be wrong to say that he wasn't anxious. Turning towards his client and then Randhir she politely smiled,

"A moment please."

Shifting his glance at his client and first apologized and discussed their next schedule.

"Let me know if you're updated later on, Okay?!"

After sending off the client Abhimanyu asked for him to lead him to the office. Randhir was quiet for a few while as if calculating.

"Tea or Coffee?"

Randhir smiled and shook his head.

"Mr.Sehgal I want to be direct as much as possible. The marriage was postponed over a month ago and I'm afraid you are backing out. Mind if I ask, did I make any mistakes?"

"I just wanted my daughter to be free with him and about marriage. If they are ready then I'm absolutely okay with that."

Randhir was assured of seeing the situation positively.

"They appear to be in love."

"That is great."

"If Nina has no problem I will be glad to fix the date in the first week of next month."

"Like in 13 days... Ain't it a bit early?"

Randhir placed his hand over Abhimanyu and with an assuring smile he spoke,

"I adored Nina like my daughter but my son will always come first. He rarely smiled before her, but I'm seeing good changes in him. Is it bad to be a selfish father and wish for all the good for my son?"

"Advik is incredible, No doubt. I'm fine with anything she approves of. I could never stand against my daughter's happiness."

***

Mia peeked at the door of the mall from inside to make sure the guards were still. A heavy sigh left her mouth. Even though the guards and security couldn't lessen her restlessness. Her biggest terror is in town and a dumb decision by her ruined it all.