3|To Love & Loathe

Hours have passed where both of the men sit like frozen statues

Hours have passed where both of the men sit like frozen statues. Her father left a while ago and she decided to stay, promising her father to call.

An hour ago the doctor confirmed they both are stable. Mrs. Malhotra will gain consciousness and Mr. Malhotra got some fractured bones that will take time to fix. They are not allowed to meet patients yet.

Advik's investigator and his team informed him that it was planned. Whoever was behind it wanted to scare him. Now they completely wiped out all the evidence, it's hard to find who schemed.

There's a lot on his plate, a wedding on the way and, now, the threat to his family. He would go to any length to find who tried to mess with him and only he knows what unfortunate he will do if he finds the person.

If the person gets an easy death it would be shredding his flesh and feeding them to Dobermann.

Advik called and barked orders to someone on call and ended. He scrubbed his hand down his face and sat beside his friend Aditya. Aditya held a bottle of water for him and Advik gladly took it and slurped down.

Nina scrunched her nose as she was pondering profoundly. The expression on her face describes her inner debate. She bounced her knees up and down, completely zoning out. Abruptly she stopped realizing what she did. She took a breath and counted one two three through her finger. Advik's lip parted amusingly

Then again she squirmed and toyed with her finger. Clearly getting uneasy. She stretched her neck back and forth, the same with her hands as her bones popped.

Advik pinched his eyebrows together and watched her every movement. She was trying to be normal. A few strands of her hair fall out from her tied-up hair. No trace of makeup on her face. He observed the faint redness under her cheeks and fiddled with her fingers. He had always been observant of her. It's not the first time he saw her. He caught a few sights of her occasionally before she vanished every time. She didn't meet his eyes and he never had to talk.

She always had a gentle smile on her face. Everything to be a perfect daughter of a civil attorney and Mayor. Her personality screams high-spirited. Before today, every time he caught her stealing candies. She thought no one had seen her. Advik's lip is slightly tilted.

"I know I smell nasty."

She snapped her head and blinked repeatedly. She opened her mouth but no sound left her.

"No, I uh_ It's not like this_ you smell nice_"

She stuttered and cursed lowly for her choice of words.

'Nina, you dumb girl. What are you even saying? Don't open your mouths now you will ruin everything'

She clamped her mouth shut. Clearing her throat she inhaled.

"I meant to say I can't smell you."

She shrugged, avoiding his long stare.

After a moment of silence, Naaz summoned her courage to look up at him and their eyes clashed and she noticed the raw emotion in his eyes almost faded. He is back to his stoic cold self.