4|Blurred Lines

"I don't like to repeat my words, Alistair

"I don't like to repeat my words, Alistair. Find him and bring him to me."

He walked out of the plane and got into the black sleek Range Rover waiting not far from his private airstrip, silent and empty. It was owned by him and his company. He does both commercial and private flights. The helicopter is only for his personal use. The helipad is a mile away from the airstrip of his private land.

"He is trapped and limping, as good as dead Malhotra."

Allister grunted and the snapping and hustling noise on the other end muffled and halted before there was a blood-curdling scream. Advik was unfazed and The holler felt deaf to his ear.

"Just don't kill him. It's my job. Make an arrangement of the bodies."

He ended the call giving his driver a sharp nod.

Emailing his assistant he checked all the footage of the road they got. The number plate on the car was fake but the person was tracked. Too foolish to use the same phone twice. He changed his position a lot and the last two times he got under his nose. Not this time.

He had a lot of suspects. Mathurs are one of them. They had played dirty. On camera they are the perfect family and off camera they are traitors and ravenous wolves lurking for power and position.

If they are playing clueless and dumb they forget how well-maneuvered and unhinged predator Advik Malhotra is.

Advik's mom got recharged from the hospital this week and his father's health is progressing. After making a few calls and setting up with his assistant he left for home. The City apartment penthouse is dead silent, swaggy, and lifeless like him. No color, no companions, absolutely problematic-free. But it wasn't home.

More than a decade later he admitted that life is nothing, no affection, a curse of loneliness and emptiness. His mother said it needs a female touch.

Last week he felt his heart quicken thinking of the girl captivated his mind. He was rude, yes he was but the thing going through his head is insanity. He appointed a therapist after their encounter and the therapist's words were to give it time and consider his feelings. He was unsure of so many things.

Is that Insta-lust? Was she something he will be able to fuck out of his system? Deep down he knows the answer. There's a pause whenever he thinks of her. She didn't cling to him, not even touch but he still yearned for a closer, her attention. He shook his head.

What the fucked up level has this gotten into.

Riding an elevator he stepped on his penthouse. His echoed steps welcomed him in this darkly quiet place. Sliding off his suit he took a hot shower and finished the rest of his work and slumped in bed with a handful of thoughts.

A distraction can't make disruption, and she is a mere distraction.

For how long?

He closed his sight and darkness engulfed him. Some questions better be unanswered.