13|Relief

(The chapter is the same and will be the same. It wasn't showing so I had to re-upload. Is that okay now?)

***

Please leave a vote. Your single vote costs me millions of inspiration.

It takes a moment to change

It takes a moment to change. Minutes ago it was sunny outside, sweaty pedestrians were walking on rushed feet. Now it's gloomy, ash-black clouds covering the sun. The dead bodies of the twins shifted to another ward. The hallway echoed the young mother's crying her heart out, screaming and yelling their name. Everyone was busy consoling her, did anyone notice the father sitting like a statue? Like a defeated man in a battle. An old man was waiting outside for the doctor's appointment with his wife.

Scrutinizing his surroundings for hours now, Advik impatiently tapped his feet. His anxiety was getting over the top, a while ago unconscious Nina was taken for examination. Minutes later the doctor came out and his exact words weren't just a scratch on her arm and out of fear she lost consciousness. It's the first time she had a panic attack, if she gets pressure she might have more.

Advik stepped in and eyed her steady form of bed. She is small for a girl in her early twenties. An unpleasant scream of horror came alive in his memory. He couldn't take out the picture of Nina choking herself, she screamed in her scratchy voice as if someone was stabbing her.

He stood beside her, her eyelid was fluttering for a few seconds and then stopped lifeless. Advik traced the side of her face and brushed her hair from her face. Nina had been comfortable with a bun or she usually tied up her hair. He loves her long wavy brown strands. Even if she ties tight, a few of the small strands escape. Caressing his tender flickers all over her face and neck.

"Always in a rush to get away from me."

He kissed her forehead and lingered for a while. A deep sigh escaped from him. What if one day he opens his eyes and watches Naaz covered in blood? Sometimes things can't be left. He had a past, a dark one. He could never bring her. But leaving? Never.

He rubbed his face and took a rugged whiff. When he thinks of leaving, the face of her comes instantly.

When the vibration of his phone on his thigh he last glanced at her and went out to take the call. Furrowing eyebrows he went out of her ward and received the call.

"The accident was preplanned. A little teaser. His sole reason was to scare you so he could extend his business here."

Advik was detached as if he was expecting the man on the other side.

"Thanks for the worry but I have taken care."

Theo chuckled,

He took the whole thing as nothing more than a joke. Theo had been discreet, his harsh words were razor-sharp for the egoistic like Advik. Since their assassinating academy, he was brainy and gave logic most were valid. He was highly regarded by their boss.