I

Once in a while the most intelligent, yet vicious animal on the planet Earth, called human, has come across the all time ancient dilema about the immortality. Immortality, as it is, has become one of the main goals in the human nature among having power, money and perhaps fame. But what would you do if this immortality has been given to you on a golden plate with golden utensils? Would you swallow it with whole hands or take bites to taste the infity. Would you become immortal to preserve yourself or your love or to gain power? Allow me tell you a story about three women who gained the fruits of immortality, each tasting it in a different way. The story you're about to read is no ordinary story.

As an usual starter of a story, it all began in a room, in a house on Fifth avenue in New York, the year of 1882, just at the dawn of spring. The woman on the vanity put one last drop of her perfume before heading out to hear the new opera, that will be performing in the opera house. Her maid was just clasping her ruby necklace, when she said to her mistress.
"You look exquisite, my lady."
"Thank you, dearie. You're free for the night."the deep, smooth voice of the woman echoed, as perfect toned down red lips formed into a slight smile. Belladona Byron, as it was the woman's name, took a deep breath before rising from her seat and exit the room. As she passed a mirror in the corridor, she stopped to check herself one more time before continuing on her way. The pins were pushed deeply into her dark brown hair, balancing steadily her ruby tiara, while hurting her scalp, the delicate pink makeup matched her blue eyes and the red dress was causing her to loose breath. Good. She's perfect. 42 years on this world, 10 in which she was shaping her persona, another 10 in which she perfected her appearance, adding once more another 10 in which she found a husband and her body went through the animalistic labour to give her a daughter and yet finishing her off with another 10 in which she finally gave herself a well-deserved break.

Belladona Byron was proud of that, that's for sure. She had a good life, spending every minute indulging her husband, friends and family. Now it was her time to rest. But old habits die the hardest. Once she made sure that she's finall perfect in every possible, her mind let her body to drag her downstairs where her daughter and son-in-law were waiting for her.
"So beautiful."exclaimed the girl, when her eyes laid on her mother, making her chuckle.
"Indeed very beautiful."James, the son-in-law, took his Belladona's kissing it lightly.
"You're both so sweet. Is the carriage here? I don't want to be late."
"It is. And don't worry, we won't be late. After that we'll dine at Mrs. Prune."informed her her daughter as she watched her mother put on her cape.
"Good. Alright. Shall we go?"
"Yes. Let's go."James took his mother-in-law and wife under his arm.

Once they reached the opera house they quickly reached their designed box, seating among Mrs. Prune and her husband. The performance started as it ended. With loud joy and rumble. It was pleasant for the ear, despite almost sending half of the audience in the hospital due to heart attack and flying wigs.
But the loudness and ruptured eardrums didn't stop our characters to visit Mrs. Prune's home and indulge themselves with some wine and dine. Mrs. Prune and her husband were living just a few crossroads away from Belladona's house, which was perfect for the last said to visit her friend to discuss the upcoming events and share some tea and not only.
Mrs. Eleanor Prune was in fact such а woman, with whom you would love to discuss the girls of the season or the recent opened art gallery, while sharing a nice cup of an Earl grey. With her high height and striking mind of a lady in her late 50s, she captured the interest of both ladies and gentlemen and it's no surprise Belladona prefered her presence among the others.
"I can assure you, Harry almost fell off of his chair. I had to hold him not to fall."said Mrs. Prune as she looked at her Belladona.
"What."shouted Harry Prune, a short man with black mustache, whose one ear has been deaf since 1832. And after tonight, even more deaf.
"Nothing, my love."shouted in response the tall woman at her husband. "Go back to your conversation."she waved her hand at him, signaling him that everything was OK.
"I love spending time with you two."purred Belladona, her eyes switching from Harry to Eleanor.
"I hope we don't bore you and your daughter. Sometimes it's hard for me even to live with Harry."moaned the older woman, going closer to the younger.
"Don't worry about it, my darling. It's always a pleasure to be here."smiled Belladona taking a bite from her dish.
Once they finished dinning the ladies departed into the drawing room while the gentlemen preferred the atmosphere of the room , where the billiard table was waiting for them. The wives had engaged in conversations about the upcoming charity events and the balls in their humble neighborhood.
Eleanor has cornered Belladona on the sofa.
"He is probably now with James, telling him how the silk was made and how the elephants helped to it, well, partly."laughed Mrs. Prune, touching her companion's hands. Belladona returned the gesture, lifting the glass of aperitif in her hand.
"You're absolutely right, my dear."laughed Belladona until they felt the presence of her daughter.
"Mother, I'm thinking of heading home."Arabella whispered to her mother, who only mumbled a little
"It's alright. Send me a note when you're home." She received a kiss from her daughter, before Arabella Fuchs excused herself and departed to pick up her husband from his "date" with Harry Prune.
"I have this idea, my dear Belladona..."
"And what is it, my dear Mrs. Prune."purred Mrs. Byron. They both knew where this conversation was headed to.
"Shall we go upstairs and indulge ourselves with something other than this alcohol?"Eleanor took the glass from her hands placing it slowly on the table near them. Belladona's eyes flew to scan her face and her lips. The younger brunette's lips curled into a smile and she flicked her eyes.
"Anything for my host tonight."breathed Belladona, following her companion to the stairs and into the marital bed.