Animal eyes

The countess couldn't get the image out of her mind. The bright glowing eyes were haunting her. She thought that perhaps an owl has came by, but there were no owls in Newport. A cat,maybe, but no cat can climb so far on a naked surrounded building. She brushed off the idea that they might be human. But no. No human can do this. But they were in fact human.
Belladona tried to not think much of it, even on dinner over Mrs. Snow. Claudia has gone off somewhere after dinner, chatting with a few friends or newcomers, sharing her awe from Newport, while her lover was staying aside, enjoying a glass of a port wine.
"How are you feeling, my dear? You seem rather tired?"asked Mrs. Snow, sooching next to the countess.
"Amelia, has there been some sightings for owls or some kind of animal with glowing eyes recently?"
"Animal with glowing eyes? I'm not sure, my dear. Why you're asking me such a queer question?"chuckled nervously Mrs. Snow, chugging her glass.
"Today when I woke up I saw two glowing eyes starring at me through the window. On the second floor."
Amelia bucked her neck, trying to make some sense from what her friend was saying.
"Maybe it was an owl. Or some kind of bird."
"But birds don't have human eyes!"
"Perhaps you're still sleeping, my dear. I assume that your new acquaintance was keeping you busy."winked Mrs. Snow, making Bella pull a smile.
The countess shook her head, eyes peeling on the outside world. Mrs. Snow excused herself to talk with people, who are already going home.
The brunette didn't know what happened or what exactly she saw, but the next scene froze her in place. In
In the most darkest part, where the lights weren't able to touch anything, under a grandiose tree was standing a blackened figure. With glowing eyes. Belladona's breath hitched, her hand slowly letting the glass down. The two orbs were starring directly at her. Mrs. Byron turned around, trying to check if somebody was seeing what she does. She wasn't that type of person to get scared easily, but there's something menacing in it.
"There you're. Shall we go home now?"the sweet voice echoed, hand pulling hers.
"W-What?"
"Do you want to go home? You seem rather pale than usual."coaxed Claudia, her eyes were scanning her face. She tried to check her temperature, buy Belladona pushed her hand and went to  thank for the exquisite evening.

Once they reached the Willow hall, Belladona rushed into her bedroom, completely ignoring Claudia's questions and pleads. The countess was breathing heavily, feeling her body freeze and shaking from the memory of that figure. Necklace flew from her neck to the, hands frantically undoing the dress until she was left with her undergarments. The woman leaned on her bedframe, trying to take control over her breathing.
"Belladona."the faint voice was heard, the blonde asking for them to be left alone.
The younger came closer to her.
"Are you alright? Tell me what you feel."
Claudia was rubbing her back.
"I'm fine. Everything is fine."
She was lying.
"Are you sure. I can call Mary to fetch you some water."
"No,no, there's no need. Go to your room and get ready for bed."
"But...."
"I said something."Belladona's voice was stern almost scarring the blonde.
"As you wish."
Before exiting the room, the younger turned around once more to see what her lover was up to. Belladona began taking off her corset, waiting for her maid to come and help her prepare for bed.
Later than night, when everything was asleep and warm body has clinged on the other, the blonde breath out slowly.
"I don't know if this is appropriate, but...I love you."
In return. Nothing.