to break a leg

"Can you imagine? Me married to monsieur Bastien."scoffed Belladona as she entered the hall followed by Mrs. Snow and Mrs. O'Neill. Belladona's white and pink dress was dragging behind her like a tired dog, while its owner was cooling with the fan in the same colors. 4th of April, Tuesday, was hot mostly for the female part of the american high society. However today was dedicated to charity and charity only. The event was holding inside of a huge mansion, with spacious garden on its back.

"Monsieur Bastien was a good party, but knowing about his obsessions."sighed Mrs. O'Neill. The three of them sat down on the big sofa near the balcony. Mrs. O'Neill was an exquisite woman, with fantastic height of  1.80, blonde, British and with blue eyes. She looked at the brunette next to her, waiting for something to drop out of her mouth.
"Do you think Octavius would approve it?" asked Mrs. Snow, putting aside a little strand of her red hair.
"Don't be ridiculous, my dear. Octavius would never let this happen."scolded her Mrs. O'Neill, eyes falling on a woman in lemon yellow dress, whose eyes were shooting tiny arrows at her. Seeing this, Mrs. O'Neill winked at her and began fanning herself.
"I still love my husband and we gave each other the vow to never remarry if something happens to one us. Well, it happened and I shall never remarry for the rest of my living life."noted Belladona standing up once she saw the hostess of the event. The hostess and Belladona were old friends, enjoying each other's company. And each other's money.

"It was a very wonderful place indeed, but sadly it was closed for renovation. Apparently fire broke out and the main hall was destroyed. Perhaps you were there, my dear."winked the hostess at Mrs. Byron, making her blush.
"Mrs. Kleinhaus, you little devil."
"Shall we go outside, I'm in desperate need for some fresh air."
"Very well. Shall we?"

Once two women were far enough to not be seen, but close enough to hear when someone was calling, Mrs. Kleinhaus wiped out a cigarette holder and a lighter, offering one to Belladona. The younger brunette put the cigarette between her lips and came close enough to lighter to lit it up.
"Finally. My husband doesn't allow me to smoke at all and I was in desperate need."groaned Mrs. Kleinhaus, rolling her eyes and making Belladona smile and shook the ash off of her cigarette.
"Octavius always let me after we made love. I still miss his him very deeply."sighed Belladona, inhaling the cigarette smoke.

They spoke for a while, mostly about the upcoming events and what dress should Belladona's daughter wear, untill someone Mrs. Byron heard someone calling out her name. They ended their session, returning as quickly as possible to the hall and taking once again their designed places. Mrs. Kleinhaus stood in the middle, begining with the all time favorite
"Ladies and gentlemen...."

As Mrs. O'Neill and Mrs. Snow were listening carefully their hostess, Belladona's attention was drawn to far more interesting person. Cream blonde hair, soft fair skin and lilac colored dress. Belladona caught her breath as she recalled the same image from the day before yesterday. The blonde woman was standing next to a redhead woman, who sometimes whispered something into her ear.
A sun beam emerged out of now here and as if by plan, the light ricochet in the jewelry on the blonde's chest, hitting right into Belladona's right eye.