At another time, otherwise

The dinner with monsieur Bastien was exceptionally and masterly executed like the duck that was served earlier. He arrived at exactly 19:00, bringing her a little golden, jewelry encrusted Fabergè egg in which was laying a beautiful belladonna flower, under which was engraved "May death never find you, to my eternal Belladona."

Mrs. Byron was smitten by the expensive present, ordering it to be placed right under her portrait in the drawing room. Monsieur Bastien didn't hide the price, making the brunette gasp from what she heard, making him laugh in return, almost choking on the meat. For dessert they wrapped their tongues on vanilla blancmange, or in more modern words, a pudding like dessert. The topped it off with light alcoholic beverage, which lead them into her bedroom.

There Gabriel Bastien took off her dress, kissing her harshly before he let himself get pushed to the door while her hands were tearing apart every piece of fabric till he wasn't left butt naked. Belladona was pulling him to her vanity, pushing aside her perfumes and odours. The noblewoman moaned high when Gabriel attacked her neck, biting and kissing every single inch of it. He drowned a moan from her lips, when his cock found her core and thrusted almost violently. His hips moved on their own, while Gabriel was hiding his face. Belladona was panting, her legs wrapping around him. At certain moment he lift her up from the vanity, and with almost wobbly legs he managed to reach the bed, where he managed to take off her corset and undergarment, placing a hard nippled between his teeth.

Belladona moaned and chuckled, pulling his hair to face him and occupy his lips, tasting the metallic scent of blood.
"Wait, wait."Mrs. Byron panted, turning the man on his back. She straddled him, her hands fleeing to his cock to adjust him once more before violently finishing herself off, drowning him in her orgasm.

She didn't let him stay in her bed for many reasons. Sweating her sheets off is one of them. The cum he might leave while he masturbates to get off or perhaps the one that was supposed to be inside of her was the second one. Either way she never let a man sleep next to her after sex unless the man was married to her or it was a woman. She never made an exception.

On the following morning, Belladona was greeted with a confused and lightly awkward, but pleading look from his side. He never dare to look into her eyes, but rather his fell on her white laced dress with high collar.
"Good morning, my dear."she chirp, taking the seat next to him.
"Good morning, Mrs. Byron."
"Excellent."thought Belladona taking a piece of bread and the plate with the butter.
"Did you sleep well last night, my dear Bastien? I hope the noise didn't bother you."
"No, no indeed. It was a pleasant evening."he tapped his mouth with the napkin from his lap.
"Very well. I do hope you'll join me to my little promenade today. My daughter is busy and we were supposed to go out today and view the statue before it was shipped back."
"The pleasure will be mine."smiled Gabriel, before continuing with his breakfast.

The partical statue that our characters managed to see was not a whole, but rather part of a future one that was supposed to be gifted to the "mighty" America in later times. The torch-bearing arm, that was displayed in Madison Square Park was shining brightly under the sun. Belladona traced his silhouette, holding the man under arm.
"It is indeed gorgeous as they say."she said, pulling the man to see it from another angle.
"Not as much as you."
She scoffed, begining to wave her fan.
Suddenly he stopped, under the cool shadow of the nearby three and brought closer her hand.
"Belladona. I've been thinking about this all day and night. Ever since I met you and you married Octavius, I wanted to be with you. It may come to shock to you, but I desire for you to become my wife."he confessed.

You might think that it came truly as a shock for her, but that wasn't the case. Belladona always knew he was wanted something more from the friendship between her and him and when he served this in the middle of the park, Mrs. Byron only managed to say...
"Perhaps you might need more time to think about this."she pulled her hand from his.
"Pardon me!"
"Gabriel, you're a true friend and it was a pleasure to be with you through the years, but I can't marry you. Perhaps at another time, otherwise. But my heart still belongs to Octavius and we both know this."
Gabriel went silent, but after a few seconds loosing himself into her eyes, trying to find something that was telling him otherwise, he took a deep breath, assured that his beloved was sure in her words and smiled gently.
"Of course, my darling. Perhaps in another time, you'll say otherwise."he took her hand, kissed it, leading her further into the park.

This particular moment didn't leave Belladona's mind, even when Mary was taking off the pins from her brown hair and leaving them in the red velvet jewelry box.
"Can you imagine, Mary? Me married to monsieur Bastien."
"You would look lovely, but in my opinion he was only after your fortune or your title. I've always thought his wholeheartedly support and devotion are hiding something."
"Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, but Gabriel Bastien has always been one of my closest friend and nothing more." exclaimed Belladona, sighing deeply once she felt her hair loose and free.
"Well, in this case, you're right, my lady. Shall I bring or do something before I depart?"
"Mm no. Have a pleasant night, my darling, I'll manage."smiled Mrs. Byron, dismissing the girl.

Once the brunette was left alone, she lift the sapphire earring, which shone under the light, slightly blinding her in the left eye.