Opera and fans

Friday the 21th of April. Claudia had just left the carriage, heading straight away to their waiting guests. The opera hall was crowded that if someone poke you in the eye you won't notice. The only way you could manage to distinguish someone from the other is by the colour of the women's dresses. Either way it's a lost cause. But that didn't stop our heroine in soft pink gown to find her companion, who was screaming in blood red. Mrs. O'Neill and Mr. O'Neill were talking with Belladona outside their box, when the taller woman spotted Claudia behind the brunette's back and waved at her to come closer.

"Good evening."greeted Claudia the three musketeers.
"Good evening, Ms. Howards."said in almost in unison the O'Neills, making Belladona and Claudia chuckle.
"Thank you for inviting me. This week has been a bit exhausting."
"Thank you for coming. I know that it's been a bit in a rush, but my date couldn't make it and since you said that you like opera as much as me, I said why not."confessed Belladona, looking at Claudia.
"How very kind of you. I'm flattered."smiled Claudia. Her face became flustered when the countess winked at her, before pulling her into the box.
"Come sit next to me. The view is better from here."said Belladona, seating the girl next to her.
"Oh my, you're absolutely right. Maybe I should always come to opera with yoj."laughed Claudia, making the brunette turn to her and laught too.
"Now that would be give me immense pleasure."Belladona patted the blonde's hands gently with her fan, looking deeply into her eyes.

Half an hour later into the opera, the blonde caught herself admiring the profile of Belladona Byron. Strong, beautiful profile with defined jawline and gorgeous nose has captivated the mind of Ms. Howards. After another hour, the lights came on for a little entr'acte and Belladona turned to her friends.
"It was beautiful."
"It really was."said Claudia.
"Did you like it? I found it quite dull."chirped Mrs. O'Neill, making Claudia and Belladona share a glance at each other exchanging silently the thought of finding this comment stupid.
"Have you ever been to Newport before?"shoot her shot Belladona, fanning herself.
"No, I never had the chance to visit it."
"Now you'll have. You see, next week im going to Newport and I'm inviting you to come stay with me. This way you'll enjoy Newport and I will have company."
Claudia let a fast sigh. This proposal was like a thunder that fell from a clear sky. Or like finding your mother in the sittind alone in the dark.
"Don't hesitate. Mrs. Byron rarely places such an offer."leaned Mr. O'Neill  closer to Claudia. Belladona was waiting for an answer.
"I would be more than delighted to come with you."in her excitement Claudia placed her hand on top of Belladona's, wide smile shining upon the brunette's face.
"You'll be more than delighted. Newport is a place for the most finest of the finest and I feel you'll find your place there."winked Belladona, turning around once the lights began to dim. Their hands stood on top of each other through the whole show, sending shivers down Claudia's spine.