# nine

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"YOU MIND IF I JUST RELAX
ON THIS ONE?"

it was now night, and the five pogues were driving the twinkie to some place john b hadn't told them about yet. as jj spoke, aelias attention went from the joint she had in her hand, to the blonde boy who was laying his legs on hers in the way back of the van.

"you mind if i just relax in this one? it's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down." jj said, and aelia could only think that one of the 'weird' stuff that happened was between them.

"same, i just kinda wanna lay low," aelia stated, as her eyes shifted between jj, over to pope. "oh, you want a hit of this?" the blonde directed the blunt over to the boy.

pope puts his hand in front of the joint, "i keep the signal clear." aelia lightly chuckled before mumbling, "pussy," as she hit the blunt again.

jj looked at pope, "dude, okay. do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? if you got creative, then—"

"—look, i know i was wrong about the lighthouse, alright?" john b interrupted the argument that was about to go down between the three teens in the back of the van. it worked though, all the teens had stopped arguing and faced john b and started to listen. "and pretty much wrong about everything else going on — but, i was right about one thing, okay? my dad is trying to tell me something."

aelia gave jj a skeptical look /  she just hoped after tonight, no matter what they found, john b would let it go and they could go back to having a care free summer.

they arrived at the location where the booker boy 'discovered' was what redfield was. they all crept down a dark alley, kind of like the ones you see in horror movies except, hopefully no one jumps out and kills them.

"come on, hey. hey, come on." stated john b towards kie who was walking behind as she responded, "i'm coming. this place is scary. john b what are we doing here?"

"okay, so, you know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?" questioned the boy and kie nodded, "yeah."

"so, redfield. this whole time, i thought it was a place, right? but it's not a place," john b held the light up to a big grave that has redfield on it,

"it's a person."

"shit" aelia mumbled as she looked at the grave.

"voi-effing-là," added jj, from beside aelia before john b continued his explanation, "see, my great-great-grandmother olivia redfield. that was her maiden name."

all the pogues examined the grave, before john b said "help me with the door," he, pope, aelia, and jj pushed as hard as they could, trying to open up the door, but they found no success.

"this door is like seven hundred pounds," pope said, still pushing, "it's not gonna budge."

"we didn't come this far to get this far, alright," jj said,
voice straining from the effort he was putting in trying to move the stone.

aelia heard it before she saw it \ a hiss. she backed away from the door and shined her flashlight in the direction of the sound and saw a huge ass snake come out from a hole in the door of the tomb. "what the fuck is that," she yelped, and backed away from the snake.