# twenty three

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥ •

"CAN'T YOU GUYS DO
ANYTHING WITHOUT ME?"

Somehow, Aelia got sucked into baiting Kiara and Sarah onto Hayward's boat and leaving them there for a few hours -- John b said that by sunrise, they should be at least willing to work together and help with finding the gold. She thought it was stupid, how would one night on a boat fix their feud? No one knows what happened between the two girls, and Aelia was certain Kiara wouldn't tell anyone till the day she died.

JJ was squatted on the floor, and Aelia and John B squatted on the other side of the alternator, as they tried to get a closer look -- or at least look like they were. They had lied to Kiara and told her that the three teens were stranded in the mash, and needed a tow.

"Can't you guys do anything without me?" Kiara asked, hopping from the HSM Pouge, and onto Heyward's boat.

The three teens squatted, looking at the alternator, as Kiara walked into the small room on the boat. "What happened?" Kiara huffed. Aelia looked up at the girl, she had an annoyed expression on her face as she leaned on the door frame.

"The uh, alternates not alternating anymore," JJ said, with a screwdriver in his hand.

"Yeah, it just like -- shut off completely," Aelia chimed in, pointing at it with her index finger. JJ and Aelia were always the best liars in the group, so whenever a scenario like this came along, everyone knew who could sell the lie.

"It's not charged," John B said, smiling at Kiara.

Kiara stepped closer to them and into the gap between JJ and Aelia. "Did you check the plugs?"

"No, you should check them, though," Aelia said, standing up. The two boys looked up at her, quickly catching on, before standing up themselves.

"Give it a whirl," JJ said, handing the brunette girl the screwdriver, before taking the lead in walking out of the room, and onto the dock of the boat.

"You guys are useless," Kiara sighed, squatting down to take a closer look at it.

"You still love us," Aelia blew a kiss at her before booking it off the boat. John B and JJ were barely ahead of her, as all three of them ran, and dove off the front of the boat.

"Sayonara!" JJ yelled as he jumped into the water.

The three teens swam as fast as they could to the HMS Pouge, where Pope was waiting for them to get on the boat so they could book it out of there. Once Aelia made it close to the boat, she looked back at Kiara and Sarah standing on the edge of Heyward's boat.

"Get your asses back here!" Kiara was heard from the distance, as JJ and John B pulled themselves onto the boat.

"We can't. Not until you two figure it out!" John B called back. Aelia waited until both boys were on the boat, before attempting to pull herself up -- before JJ offered her his hand, which she gladly took.

"I will kill every single one of you!"

"You can't just leave!" Sarah called out to John B.

"There's food in the cabin, JJ rolled a blunt, and I think Aelia left two beers for you guys!" Pope called out, putting two thumbs up in the air.

"I did!" Aelia shouted, smiling at the two as she stood next to JJ -- she was sure Kiara would kill her when they came back to get them in the morning.