# ten

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"HOW MUCH WAS IT AGAIN?"

after john b calmed down, the four teens moved from the château to the dock behind the house. jj is the first one to break the silence when he asked, "how much was it again?" john b without even looking at the boy responded, "four-hundred mil."

kie stoped playing the ukulele and jj sighed, "all right, let's talk the spilt. now, before we say 'evenly,' may i remind you that i am the only one that can properly defend us from those groupers who were after us. protection? not cheap, okay?"

"you havent trained. you've done zero training." pope argued, sitting up in his spot.

"youtube, bro! that's at least a 5% bump right there." jj explained to them, nodded his head with a smile. "any objections?" kiara rose her hand up, as jj ignored her. "didn't think so. i don't hear any, so."

"what are you gonna do with your 80 mil, pope?" kie turned to the other boy.

"pay for college in advance. and also, textbooks. those are expensive." responded the boy as aelia questioned kie, "what about you, kie?"

"yeah, what does a socialist do when she's rich?" adds pope making kie chuckle, "just wanna make a double album. about obx, the pogues. you know, the way catch a fire is about kingston. recorded at marley studio, peter tosh producing."

"peter tosh is dead."

"peter tosh is dead. i know that pope. the spirit of peter tosh will never die," smiles the girl as she held up the soda can in her hand.

"actually i know what i'm gonna do." jj said, gathering the attention of his friends before he continued. "i'm gonna get a big ass house on figure eight and go full kook."

"you're gonna go full kook?" pope asked.

"yep, gonna get a marble stature of me, and to the left of me another marble statue of lia, shirtless" jj smiled, thinking about it.

"shirtless? like, tits out n' everything?"

"yeah" jj turned towards the blonde girl, with a smirk on his face. "bold." the blonde girl returned the smile.

"i'm never visiting—"

"what about you?" jj asked aelia who looked right back up at him. "you know what? to going full kook." she smiled, as they all looked over to john b to ask what he would do.

"to going full kook," john b mustered out, but aelia could obviously tell the boy was just saying something to entertain the group, just like her previously — she knew him best.

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・

"YOU GUYS SEE THAT?"

the scooby gang were all in the hms-pogue driving down the marsh. jj and aelia sat night to eachother on the front of the boat, kiara slightly beside jj on the opposite end. pope and john b in their normal spots, john b behind the wheel and pipe standing next to him.

"you guys see that? that's the malibu 24-MXZ, the worlds finest wakesetter." jj said, gaining the attention of his four friends in the boat with him.

aelia looked over at him, she always thought it was hot how he knew so much about boats by looking at them. "—number one in luxury, quality, and performance." jj finsihed.

"200k, easy."

"we picked the wrong parents." pope said, making aelia look over at him.

"hell yeah we did—." the blonde girl said, before the burnette curly head, kiara carrera cut her off. "i hate to break it to you guys, but thats topper and his girlfriend."

his girlfriend, being sarah cameron. aelia knew something happened between the blonde kook and kiara, but she never really opened up about her kook year.

as the looks boat came closer to the pogues, sarah took her sun-sunglasses off and looked the boat up and down before looking back at the water.

all the pouges looked to see the blonde death stare them, as if they were some dirt on her shoe. "you don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch."

aelia smirked as the boat left their side, "you know, those two are perfect for each other. she's a rich asshole, and he's a bigger rich asshole."

━━━━━━ ☀︎,━━━━━━━...‥・