Prologue: Welcome to the Classroom of the Sole Elite

Prologue: Welcome to the Classroom of the Sole Elite (Re-written)
______________________________________

The "White Room" is an educational institution that aims to optimize human development by providing a unique and personalized education right from the first year of each generation's life.

The goal is to raise children with a comprehensive education, resulting in significant variations in their growth and progress. The institution understands that using the same methods for everyone is ineffective, which is why each generation is educated under different leaders with their own approaches.

After completing their education, each group is evaluated and their learning outcomes are verified to determine the effectiveness of their education. The White Room has successfully educated hundreds of children using this system.

Children from different generations are kept separate and are unaware of each other's identities and appearances, despite sharing the same facility. This ensures an isolated and individualized learning experience for each child.

My name is Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, and I'm fifteen years old. I hold the distinction of being the sole survivor of the infamous fourth generation within the White Room.

This very generation focused on extreme individualism, making it the harshest and most challenging period in the institution's history. The education in the fourth generation was so demanding that many students dropped out, resulting in the near-elimination of this particular cohort.

Only one child managed to endure the rigorous curriculum and pass the final course successfully. The relentless emphasis on individualism meant that children were systematically pushed to their limits until only one remained standing.

And I happened to be that exception—the last one standing. I not only survived but achieved an exceptional score that surpassed all others. As a result, I earned the title of the White Room's masterpiece.

Every day, I mechanically fulfill the assignments given to me by the White Room, devoid of any expression. I don't particularly enjoy or find interest in them, but I don't have any better alternatives either.

In my thoughts, I pondered the words that are mentioned by someone as the second best in the fourth generation, who willingly quit at the age of nine.

Freedom, huh?

It's the state of being unrestricted and liberated, where one can express their unique self without being self-absorbed or self-abnegating.

I questioned whether achieving such freedom was truly necessary, especially considering the superior environment I found myself in, far better than the outside world.

Here, I could continue to improve myself, becoming stronger, smarter, and anything that would make me a competent individual.

While this place may be hell for the weak, it is paradise for those who can reach the pinnacle. So, what is the point of being free when there is no absolute purpose or meaning behind it? Freedom itself denies the conditions we inevitably encounter at least once or twice in society, doesn't it?

Naturally, I do agree that people should have the right to act as they desire, to some extent. If it were the complete opposite, society would descend into chaos with exponentially rising crime rates. Is that the kind of freedom he desires?

Chaos represents the absence of order, organization, and established structures. It is a natural and untamed state, unknown and unpredictable.

Humans, as a species, have a tendency to organize and simplify their surroundings to make them understandable and manageable. Other species also exhibit this behavior to some extent. As social beings, we rely on organization to be part of the social fabric and to facilitate better understanding among each other.