Chapter 05: Sole Elite Disclosed

Chapter 05: Sole Elite Disclosed (Re-written)
______________________________________

[Third Person POV]

May 1st︱Morning︱Classroom (1D)

One month had passed since the first-year students arrived at Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School, and the initial sense of happiness had now given way to a different atmosphere.

Among all the first-year classes, Class D stood out as the most defective out of all. Inside the classroom, the tension was palpable, creating an environment that was far from relaxed or easygoing.

As conversations unfolded, more students began to realize that a serious problem was at hand. They gradually noticed that something peculiar was happening to their account balances.

"Huh? What's happening?" one student questioned.

"Did we only receive 10,000 points?" another student asked, bewildered.

"Wait, you too?" a third student chimed in.

"I suppose the school forgot to add another digit," someone suggested, trying to make sense of the situation.

For undisclosed reasons, the amount of private points they were supposed to receive individually had been significantly reduced, mere fractions of what they had been given during the previous month.

Just moments later, the morning bell rang, signaling the start of the homeroom period. Chabashira Sae entered the classroom, clutching a rolled-up poster in her hand. Her usually stern and serious expression had grown even more severe, making it evident to anyone present that she was in a foul mood.

"Hey, sensei, did you start menopause or something?" inappropriately quipped Ike Kanji. It seemed that some of the students were either insensitive or completely oblivious to the gravity of the situation before them.

"All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak." Chabashira Sae completely ignore Ike Kanji's sexual harassment. She appeared totally convinced that the students had questions they wanted answered. Immediately, several students raised their hands.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, and it only showed a deposit of ten thousand points. Did they accidentally omit a zero?" Hondō Ryōtarō asked as he continued to raise his hand.

"Hondō, I've already explained this before, haven't I? Points are deposited on the first day of the month. Naturally, the points for this month have been deposited as well, without any mistakes," Chabashira Sae clarified.

"But Sae-chan-sensei, didn't you say we would receive 100,000 points every month?" Yamauchi Haruki chimed in, also raising his hand.

"...Yes, there are indeed mistakes here," Chabashira Sae sighed, observing her students' complete lack of awareness regarding the school's system. Hondō Ryōtarō and Yamauchi Haruki exchanged puzzled glances, indicating their confusion, which seemed to be shared by the rest of the class.

"Are you kids really that dumb?" Chabashira Sae's voice cut through the air, surprising Hondō Ryōtarō, causing him to slump down in his seat.

"D-Dumb? S-Sae-Chan sensei?" he stammered, taken aback by her unusually strict tone.

"Listen here, points were deposited, without fail. Do you understand?" Chabashira Sae continued, her tone firm. "98 total absences and tardies. 391 instances of talking or using cell phones in class. Your class performance is directly reflected in the number of points received. As a result of your behavior, the 100,000 points have decreased to 10,000 points. That's all that happened. I explained this on the day of the entrance ceremony. This school measures the abilities of its students. Right now, your value is worth only 10,000 points at most."