Chapter 30: Perceptual Insight

______________________________________
※Details create the big picture. Success lies in the balance between big picture thinking and attention to detail, as even seemingly unimportant details can make a significant difference.
______________________________________

[Third Person POV]

「September 5th︱Morning (09:43 AM.)︱A Hundred Rooms」

All participants, including Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, received a notification from the school indicating their initial starting point, or spawn location, within the A Hundred Rooms complex where the special exam would take place.

"Participants now may proceed to enter the special exam via one of four doors, at each corner we would just provide to you."

The announcement rang aloud, instructing the participants to enter the special exam complex through one of the four doors located at each corner. Slowly but steadily, the participants made their way inside, their demeanor noticeably different from that of the first-year students.

There was little nervousness among them, as most had experienced this type of exam before. However, the atmosphere was tense as everyone knew the stakes were high.

As it was his turn, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka carefully opened the door and closed it calmly. Glancing back, he noticed the word "Exist" written on the door he had just entered. He shifted his attention back to the room he was about to enter, located at the furthest right-bottom corner, designated as J10. The room was large, measuring 8 meters in both length and height, resembling a large cube.

The room was mostly white, which reminded him of the White Room where he was raised. However, he realized that the color was likely chosen for its cost-effectiveness. As he looked up, he noticed a surveillance camera located at the center of the room, providing an overhead view in accordance with the special exam rules.

Just as expected, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka observed the expected air conditioning system that connected the entire building and ensured a steady supply of oxygen. The system also emitted cold air, which would likely prevent students from experiencing heatstroke.

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka pulled out his phone from his pocket and opened the application specified for the special exam. He used the GPS system to confirm his current location, which was J10, as he already knew from his perfect memory.

Although the GPS function was unnecessary for him, it was a useful tool to ensure there were no mistakes and to help others locate their own position, making the strategy work more effectively.

After confirming the location of Nagumo Miyabi, who would keep walking from room to room slowly. His gaze then went back towards the door, which connected to the other room nearby. Excluding the previous door he would just enter, there's two more doors that allow him to make his way to 'J09' or 'I10'.

As the initial starting point of his is 'E04', there wouldn't be a significant difference between both doors, so he grabbed the doorknob of 'I10' with left hand before pulling it to him before closing the door behind him.

"......" Ayanokōji Kiyotaka stared at the doorknobs in room 'I10', silently acknowledging that it was designed similarly to J10 with three doors leading to J10, I09, and H10.

After a few moments of consideration, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka decided to enter room I09, carefully grasping the doorknob with his right hand and pulling it towards him before closing the door behind him.

After taking a moment to observe the room, Ayanokōji Kiyotaka noticed four doors leading in different directions - towards J09, H09, I08, or back to I10.