Chapter Fifty

"Maraming, maraming salamat, Baguio!" malakas ang boses ni Miguel habang nagsasalita sa mikropono. "Alam niyo, ilang beses na kaming nakabalik dito, and you guys.. feel like home."

"I love you, Miguel!"

"I love you, Pao!"

Nakangiti ako habang nagsisigawan ang mga tao sa paligid ko. I've always loved Ben&Ben. I've been to all their shows here in Baguio, and they always play my favorite song as their last song. Mabuti na lang at naabutan ko.

Once Miguel started plucking his guitar for the intro of Ride Home, everyone started screaming even louder. The way he played gave me goosebumps.

Siguro dahil naaalala ko pa ang unang punta nila dito sa Baguio. High school pa lang ako no'n.

Everyone started jumping, raising and clapping their hands, having the time of their lives. I tried smiling, but something in me felt heavy.

"Took the morning ride to the place where you and I were supposed to meet.." everyone started singing. "The city yawns, they echo on, my thoughts are spinning on and on my head it seems."

I started singing along. Alam ko ang bawat salita sa kantang 'to. It's always been my favorite.

"They lead me back to you.." We all sang. "I keep coming back to you."

I don't know why, but as the chorus and as the second verse finished, my heart just kept getting heavier and heavier.

Napatingin ako sa cellphone ko nang maramdaman ko ang pag-galaw no'n. I immediately answered the call, despite my noisy surroundings.

"Nasaan ka?" I raised my voice, hoping that he would hear me over the loud music.

"Tingin ka lang sa paligid, I'm right here." Tumawa siya. "Rinig mo ba ako?"

Luminga linga ako para hanapin siya. Matangkad naman siya, pero ang hirap pa rin maghanap ng tao dito. Sobrang siksikan at tumatalon pa ang lahat.

"So many questions I've thrown to the skies.." they sang. "All of the answers I've found in your eyes."

Nang makita ko ang mukha ng isang lalaki ay napatigil ako sa paglalakad at paghahanap.

Nathan Zion Enrique.

He was looking at me, as well, and my eyes were glued to his.

Those were the eyes I fell in love with. That was the smile I wanted to see every single day for the rest of my life. That was the face that made me go to sleep with a smile on my face.

The first guy I ever fell in love with.

The first guy I saw a future in.

Kinagat ko ang labi ko habang nakatingin sa kaniya. Neither of us moved. Walang naglakad papalapit. Walang umiwas ng tingin. Nakatingin lamang kami sa isa't isa.

"When I'm with you, home is never too far.. my weary heart has come to rest in yours."

"Lia? You there, attorney?"

I cleared my throat, as if something had just dragged me back into reality. "Y-yeah. Uh.. nasa center ako."

Z's eyes will still on mine. His eyes were sad, and his face full of regret. He took one step closer, pero napatigil siya bigla. I suddenly felt a hand on my arm, but I couldn't seem to stop looking.

I found my way home..

"Hey, Ace. Sorry, ang daming pasyente kanina."

I looked at Zeke, almost unable to speak.