End

Z

"Doc!"

"Alex!" I gave him a high five. "How was chemo today?"

"Lakas ko pa rin, Doc Z. Ano ba naman 'yon? Parang wala lang eh."

Tumawa ako. "That's what I like to hear."

"Doc.." He tried catching up with me, but I was walking too fast so I walked back.

"What's up, little dude?"

"Can you check on Astrid? She's been waiting for you at the lounge for a few days."

I blinked. "Is she there now?"

Tumango si Alex.

"Do you want to come?" tanong ko.

He gave a small smile. "Oo naman, Doc. Gusto ko makita mukha no'n pag nakita ka."

I nodded and placed a hand over his shoulder.

We both made our way to the pediatric lounge. All the in-patient kids stay here when they've got nothing else to do. Most of them are cancer patients, but some have rare cases that are too severe, kaya dito rin sila sa ospital tumitira.

"Nananaginip ng gising.." I loudly sang as I entered the lounge.

Astrid's face immediately lit up. She threw her book on the couch and gave me her biggest smile.

"You're back! You're back!"

"I'm back, kiddo." I smiled and sat beside her. "So what are we having for dinner?"

The other kids, Grace and Harry sat beside each other in front of me. Alex took the seat beside me, and Jupiter, Drake, and Finn sat on the other couch.

"Good to see you back, Doc Z," Finn smiled.

"It's good to be back. I missed you guys." I laughed.

"Tell us a story! Tell us!" Grace excitedly jumped. "Not the one with gorillas!"

"What? I love the one with gorillas!" I laughed.

"Tell us about your first love," salita ni Astrid. "You promised the last time."

"Oh, yeah! About Miss Lia!" sabi naman ni Jupiter. "Come on, Doc! And tell us why you still don't have a gurrrrfriend!"

"Alright, alright." I laughed. "My first love.. was the prettiest, kindest, most gentle soul."

Tumingin ako sa labas, and by the counter stood a woman in heels, probably an attorney. She had long hair and bangs. Bangs that she has loved since we were in high school.

"And she's here." I laughed.

"Aw, come on, man!"

"Sorry, Alex." I placed my hand on top of his head. "Mauuna pa rin si Boss."

I stood up and walked over to the gorgeous woman standing by the reception area. She gave me a warm smile and a kiss on the cheek.